Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guillermo Rigondeaux: Who can beat him???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    Wow...I would say someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed, but we're way past morning. lol

I believe Rigondeaux has quite a bit of talent. I base this on my own observations and on Rigo's lifelong boxing record. (In over four hundred outings, the guy's lost something like twelve documented matches.) However, I agree with you on a couple of points. Guillermo has done nothing to be considered a major force in his division. Also, Rigondeaux has yet to be tested. In the one good shot he's taken as a pro (a sharp jab), he touched the canvas and quickly got on his bike. The guy is still raw as a professional, but I'm confident his talent will become very evident to all soon enough.
    I agree with all of this. It's the reason why I kept writing NOW in my posts. My opinion will likely be much more educated in 1-2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Dustaine View Post
      Rigondeaux eats up Salido.

People are still talking **** about the Córdoba fight, that it was close and "life and death" wow.

Walt, the fight with Córdoba is there in Youtube, please, show how it was "life and death".
      cuz he ran for his life when he got popped in the mouth. then cordoba fought his way back into the fight and made it a legit split decision, anyone could have won that fight and it wouldn't be considered a robbery

that was the death of his chances against all the big dogs from 118-130 RIGHT NOW. If the fights were to happen today, which is what we're talking about. He didn't say, in a year, or in 2 years.

Comment

Nonito Donaire.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
          cuz he ran for his life when he got popped in the mouth. then cordoba fought his way back into the fight and made it a legit split decision, anyone could have won that fight and it wouldn't be considered a robbery

that was the death of his chances against all the big dogs from 118-130 RIGHT NOW. If the fights were to happen today, which is what we're talking about. He didn't say, in a year, or in 2 years.
          Legit split?? Anyone could have won that fight?? I'm sure you didn't watch that fight. Fact.

Comment

Legit split?? Anyone could have won that fight?? I'm sure you didn't watch that fight. Fact.
            I'm sure that I watched the entire PPV, I ordered it.

Thing is, you're a lunatic fanboy as per your responses in this thread.

Rigondeaux has not proven that he's ready for the top fighters, DEFINITELY not for anyone up to 130. He did very little after getting blasted in his nose. None of the signs that he's a hardass are there, but there are signs that he's not a hardass.

He hasn't fought close to the level of pro comp that gamboa has so ya'll can keep that, "he beat gamboa in the amateurs" shi t.

Comment

I'm sure that I watched the entire PPV, I ordered it.

Thing is, you're a lunatic fanboy as per your responses in this thread.

Rigondeaux has not proven that he's ready for the top fighters, DEFINITELY not for anyone up to 130. He did very little after getting blasted in his nose. None of the signs that he's a hardass are there, but there are signs that he's not a hardass.

He hasn't fought close to the level of pro comp that gamboa has so ya'll can keep that, "he beat gamboa in the amateurs" shi t.
              Nowhere have I said that Rigondeaux is ready or not for those top fighters you mention. I merely said that if you think it was a close "life and death" fight, you didn't watch it, or know nothing of boxing.

If you complain of Rigondeaux's performance, then Córdoba was utter ****, he didn't even throw.

Two counterpunchers waiting on each other, always boring. Learn that.

Comment

Nowhere have I said that Rigondeaux is ready or not for those top fighters you mention. I merely said that if you think it was a close "life and death" fight, you didn't watch it, or know nothing of boxing.

If you complain of Rigondeaux's performance, then Córdoba was utter ****, he didn't even throw.

Two counterpunchers waiting on each other, always boring. Learn that.

here are some of your WAAAAY out of line comments

"Salido kicking him up and down, Broner outpointing him..." What a load of ****. I bet 95% percent of the haters here know horse**** about boxing. This board is amazing.
                C'mon, no te hagas el muerto a ver el entierro que te hacen.

Those who said Donaire, Mares, Montiel, Juanma, Mikey, Gamboa, Rojas, Caballero, Ponce De Leon, Broner and their grannies were the ones saying Casey had a huge chance at upsetting Rigondeaux.

Do you know anything about Rigondeaux's work ethics that makes you think he lacks or doesn't take it seriously? Because I don't think this guy has ever shown out of training, or overweight, etc.
                this is just one of A BUNCH of sources saying stuff like this

Roach, however, was unhappy with Rigondeaux's conditioning and didn't want him to fight Saturday, according to a source close to the trainer.
                http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=5066208

Comment

this is just one of A BUNCH of sources saying stuff like this

Roach, however, was unhappy with Rigondeaux's conditioning and didn't want him to fight Saturday, according to a source close to the trainer.
                  http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=5066208
                  Well, none of those quotes says anything. And out of that list, only 2 or 3 are top. Rigondeaux sweeps the floor with the rest of them (Mares, Montiel, Juanma, Mikey, Rojas, Ponce De Leon, Broner) and it's 50/50 40/60 now with the top ones.

Comment

Well, none of those quotes says anything. And out of that list, only 2 or 3 are top. Rigondeaux sweeps the floor with the rest of them (Mares, Montiel, Juanma, Mikey, Rojas, Ponce De Leon, Broner) and it's 50/50 40/60 now with the top ones.

I was talking about how you said the people picking those guys were the same people picking Casey to upset riggo. Lulz.

You're koo koo.

At least you finally let the truth out instead of skirting around what you wanted to say. An unproven guy just might be able to beat a lot of top fighters from 118-130 based on his potential and talent. That's true. He definitely is talented. Does that feel better than making wild allegations, denying the truth, and denying the truth?

I think he's too inconsistent and hasn't proven himself to be able to handle adversity well.

Bip whoop. Sorry you got your feelings hurt.

Comment

I was talking about how you said the people picking those guys were the same people picking Casey to upset riggo. Lulz.

You're koo koo.

At least you finally let the truth out instead of skirting around what you wanted to say. An unproven guy just might be able to beat a lot of top fighters from 118-130 based on his potential and talent. That's true. He definitely is talented. Does that feel better than making wild allegations, denying the truth, and denying the truth?

I think he's too inconsistent and hasn't proven himself to be able to handle adversity well.

Bip whoop. Sorry you got your feelings hurt.
                      He's not inconsistent at all, you are talking only 1 fight here, yet you call the man inconsistent. How so? His 7th pro fight!

Amateur is a different sport only when it suits you. Now you're gonna say he had over 400 amateur bouts.

For ANY fighter to clearly defeat a vet like Córdoba in his 7th pro fight is quite an achievement. If someone doesn't see it that way, he's simply hating.

Comment

Working...
                      X