No announcement yet.

So after Lopez's loss

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheMexHurricane View Post
    I wrote on here before the fight that if JML beat Salido on a decision(like Gamboa did) I would say he was better than Gamboa because this was not the same out of shape Salido that Gamboa faced. You can't make an accurate comparison betwwen JML and Gamboa based on this common opponent.
    I know. But thats what everyone seems to be doing.

I never heard anything about Salido being out of shape tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Dustaine View Post
      Gamboa didn't face an out of shape Salido. When Salido was in his corner before the 11th round, his coach told him: "Vamos, mijo, te has preparado mucho tiempo para esto."/"C'mon, son, you've been preparing for this for a long time."

I think his coach told him something similar between some previous rounds.
      Actually, Saliod didn't prepare well for that fight. He has said it on a few occasions and his weight showed.

I think the problem with JuanMa is that many saw this coming for a long time. His defense has been terrible for a long time and it was just a matter of time before a puncher like Salido knocked him out.

Can JuanMa learn to defend at this stage of his career? I think that is the question. I believe he needs to change trainers, not because he has bad ones but because he needs a new voice, a new start.

His defense is so bad and his chin doesn't stand up to his style. That is the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1502 View Post
        Actually, Saliod didn't prepare well for that fight. He has said it on a few occasions and his weight showed.

I think the problem with JuanMa is that many saw this coming for a long time. His defense has been terrible for a long time and it was just a matter of time before a puncher like Salido knocked him out.

Can JuanMa learn to defend at this stage of his career? I think that is the question. I believe he needs to change trainers, not because he has bad ones but because he needs a new voice, a new start.

His defense is so bad and his chin doesn't stand up to his style. That is the problem.
        His trainer said otherwise.

Comment

I think the loss was the best thing for Lopez,he was getting careless & slugging too much instead of being patient & using his skill to set up his ko's.He has 1st class skill,but considered himself too big & powerful,well he isn't & know he knows that.I bet he wins the rematch easily & is a better fighter for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
            I think the loss was the best thing for Lopez,he was getting careless & slugging too much instead of being patient & using his skill to set up his ko's.He has 1st class skill,but considered himself too big & powerful,well he isn't & know he knows that.I bet he wins the rematch easily & is a better fighter for it.
            He loses the rematch easily because he simply doesn't have the tools. He's not the fighter we all thought he was. He's a B- fighter. Simple as that.

Comment

He loses the rematch easily because he simply doesn't have the tools. He's not the fighter we all thought he was. He's a B- fighter. Simple as that.
              I bet my membership to urs Lopez wins the rematch holla if U ain't all talk.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                I bet my membership to urs Lopez wins the rematch holla if U ain't all talk.
                You got a deal, baby.

Comment

You got a deal, baby.
                  Yup...........

Comment

I was never high on JuanMa because of his personality, arrogance and poor technique. Maybe he'll come back better, but I wouldn't bet on it. He doesn't have the humility and the ability to change. He bought his own hype. Maybe this way, we can get a greater emphasis on fighters from the island

Comment

Originally posted by JmH Reborn View Post
                      I was never high on JuanMa because of his personality, arrogance and poor technique. Maybe he'll come back better, but I wouldn't bet on it. He doesn't have the humility and the ability to change. He bought his own hype. Maybe this way, we can get a greater emphasis on fighters from the island
                      You hit the nail.

Comment

Working...
                      X