Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The punches on the back of the head (Berto-Ortiz)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The punches on the back of the head (Berto-Ortiz)

What did you guys think of the deducting and constant warning?

I believed that it was due to Berto leaning and turning of the head was the reason for those punches.

when fighter turn their back or lean like that what do they expect to happen?! ortiz does have a habit of rabbit punching but berto was responsible for many but not all of them. the point could have been justified but not when it was actually deducted timing wise. as well i dont know why time was given for him to recover, i thought time was only allotted for low blows. there def shoulda been more hard warnings and at least 1 pt deducted to berto for the excessive holding, i had more issue with that ...

Comment

Originally posted by -Boxzilla- View Post
      when fighter turn their back or lean like that what do they expect to happen?! ortiz does have a habit of rabbit punching but berto was responsible for many but not all of them. the point could have been justified but not when it was actually deducted. and there def shoulda been more hard warnings and at least 1 pt deducted to berto for the excessive holding.
      bump...

Comment

Originally posted by -Boxzilla- View Post
        when fighter turn their back or lean like that what do they expect to happen?! ortiz does have a habit of rabbit punching but berto was responsible for many but not all of them. the point could have been justified but not when it was actually deducted. and there def shoulda been more hard warnings and at least 1 pt deducted to berto for the excessive holding.
        I believe even after a clinch Berto suddenly turned around walking away, even the referee looked shocked.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokin'J View Post
          What did you guys think of the deducting and constant warning?

I believed that it was due to Berto leaning and turning of the head was the reason for those punches.
          yeah it was, it was a stupid point deduction cause berto leaned in while ortiz just tried landing shots...it doesn't matter anymore cause ortiz came out on top.

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
            yeah it was, it was a stupid point deduction cause berto leaned in while ortiz just tried landing shots...it doesn't matter anymore cause ortiz came out on top.
            Can't +k anymore but thanks for the input.

Comment

I agreed with larry merchant when he said the ref was imposing himself too much (and he even made a comment like, "we didn't come here to see YOU!")

Also I felt if he was going to be that strict with Ortiz, he should have been equally as strict with Berto. He never warned Berto for his constant clinching.

He also broke them too soon imo, often times as it's been pointed out, Ortiz still had a hand free and was working the inside (he snuck in a number of nice uppercuts when berto was clinching).

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                I agreed with larry merchant when he said the ref was imposing himself too much (and he even made a comment like, "we didn't come here to see YOU!")

Also I felt if he was going to be that strict with Ortiz, he should have been equally as strict with Berto. He never warned Berto for his constant clinching.

He also broke them too soon imo, often times as it's been pointed out, Ortiz still had a hand free and was working the inside (he snuck in a number of nice uppercuts when berto was clinching).
                Yup and I heard the team Berto made big stinks to the referee about Bertos clinching after the fight, and he still tolerated it was unbearable man, and yeah part of Ortiz success is when he made some space in the clinches and started punching, and the ref sometimes interfered with that.

Comment

It was ridiculous Berto wasn't deducted for excessively clinching. He was the one who was bending down, like that, how was Ortiz supposed to deal with that all night? He can't constantly pull his punches to avoid it.

Comment

i agree with what was said, it was a bad deduction. berto put himself in that position a few times and even then i didnt see enough rabbit punching to justify a deduction. lol...ref must have never seen b hop fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X