Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The punches on the back of the head (Berto-Ortiz)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
    I agreed with larry merchant when he said the ref was imposing himself too much (and he even made a comment like, "we didn't come here to see YOU!")

Also I felt if he was going to be that strict with Ortiz, he should have been equally as strict with Berto. He never warned Berto for his constant clinching.

He also broke them too soon imo, often times as it's been pointed out, Ortiz still had a hand free and was working the inside (he snuck in a number of nice uppercuts when berto was clinching).
    this is why i dont think the clinching was excessive. they were still fighting and punching and berto was still getting the worst of it. berto hardly clinches intelligently. anyways, i agree, they should have been allowed to punch themselves out more

Comment

Originally posted by Smokin'J View Post
      What did you guys think of the deducting and constant warning?

I believed that it was due to Berto leaning and turning of the head was the reason for those punches.
      Same **** hgappened vs Quintana. He got dropped in the first rd of that fight too by a punch in the back of the head. Berto needs to stop that ****.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxeoBoriqua View Post
        Same **** hgappened vs Quintana. He got dropped in the first rd of that fight too by a punch in the back of the head. Berto needs to stop that ****.
        hes not the only one that does it. amir khan does it all the time. he uses it as an escape because he lacks the ability to fight on the inside. b hop does it too, but he does it intentionally.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokin'J View Post
          What did you guys think of the deducting and constant warning?

I believed that it was due to Berto leaning and turning of the head was the reason for those punches.

the point deduction was bull*****. it wouldn't have happened if berto didn't clinch so ****in much

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post

the point deduction was bull*****. it wouldn't have happened if berto didn't clinch so ****in much
            I hate clinchers. There has to be clearer rules put into place to stop boxers from doing it so much. It ruins fights.

Comment

Originally posted by -Boxzilla- View Post
              I hate clinchers. There has to be clearer rules put into place to stop boxers from doing it so much. It ruins fights.
              Yeah, it's called excessive clinching. They're supposed to DEDUCT a point for that, but the ref clearly had an agenda.

Comment

Working...
              X