Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Khans exit from Sky opens up doors for Froch...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
    I see no reason that Froch fights wouldn't get a lot of viewers. Most big boxing fans from the UK would stay up to watch and even some casual fans would take some interest in a world champion Brit fighting on Sky.

At the end of the day, you're pretty much gaurenteed an exciting fight with Froch. His fights being on ITV and the likes in the past doesn't really matter, Floyd Jnr wasn't a major attraction until the De La Hoya fight...things change.
    not sure about that, i would have thought your average joe bloggs has no idea who froch is. also the guys he will be fighting are not known to the casual fan either. i just dont think there would be that much interest in carl froch.

Comment

Originally posted by shade darkar View Post
      not sure about that, i would have thought your average joe bloggs has no idea who froch is. also the guys he will be fighting are not known to the casual fan either. i just dont think there would be that much interest in carl froch.
      That is probably true. But I'm sure the 'British World Champion' aspect as well as the build up Sky Sports could give him would attract a number of casual fans.

Sky put Bradley-Alexander, Burns-Laryea, Munroe-Nishioka and fights like that on TV; I'm 100% sure there would be FAR more interest in Carl Froch fights than there would with those. Sky were also able to hype Harrison-Haye as a PPV, hyping non-PPV Froch fights would be easy.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
        Carl deserves the exposure and big money more than Khan (or any other Bitish fighter) anyway, so this is great news.

He's the most exciting to watch, he fights the toughest opposition and he's scheduled for nothing but big fights. it would be wise for Sky to get some of his old fights on TV before the Johnson fight and get everyone fully familiar with him.
        That would be a great idea for sure. Froch deserved to be a household british fighter years ago. His fight with Pascal was superb this was bested by his come from behind KO victory of Jermain taylor. The fight with dirrell was a stinker mainly due to Dirrell but even though he lost to Kessler it was a superb effort and yet again was a war. his best performance IMO was the beautiful boxing display he put on against Abraham last year. Many pundits and so called experts believed he would loose to Abraham yet Froch bullied and beat him by a country mile. I for one cannot wait for his fight with Johnson. It will be a war and foty candidate for sure.

Comment

Froch should've had Sky exposure years ago
          The Pascal/Taylor fights were good enough reason for that
          Showtime is unbearable, the commentary is bad enough let alone the prices.

Comment

i hope sky does start to broadcasting his fights, its well deserved. hes a real entertained fighter, i never understood why he isnt more popular in the uk. hope this possible deal will improve his profile and bank account

Comment

Working...
            X