Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questionable stoppage in the JuanMa vs Salido bout?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questionable stoppage in the JuanMa vs Salido bout?

It looked like a premature stoppage to me. JuanMa was fighting back. The ref should have let him go.

Not questionable. Actually maybe the worst Ive ever seen

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
      Not questionable. Actually maybe the worst Ive ever seen
      Hard to argue with your sentiments. Knowing how resilient JuanMa can be and the fact that he was the champ, he should have gotten the benefit of the doubt.

Comment

He was getting knocked out I would argue if it was the 11th or 12th round but it was barely the 8th. No one is knocking out Salido he just gets stronger as the fight progresses. It was better so he can protest the stoppage and won't affect him as much as it would if he would have been Kod paul williams style.

Comment

Juanm wasn't getting out of that corner. I think the ref should have let it go a little longer but he was out on his feet.

Comment

I'm a JuanMa fan but I'm not blaming the ref. He was taking damaging blows for 2 rounds and 16 seconds. Young fighter. His corner needs to think about his health and live to fight another day. JuanMa has tremendous heart but I think he was going to get hurt pretty bad if the fight went on. Props to both guys for an exciting fight

Comment

Comment

it was a FAIR stoppage! lopez was bound to get knocked out in that fight eventually he,didnt look him self tonight -_- but this is coming from a gamboa stan Juan Ma knocks Salido out in the rematch in impressive fashion inside of 5 IMO

b

Comment

I think it was a questionable stoppage but I think it was more the fact that the ref had seen JuanMa hurt for 3 rounds straight and decided it was enough.

JuanMa was seriously hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by The Evil 1-2 View Post
                    It looked like a premature stoppage to me. JuanMa was fighting back. The ref should have let him go.
                    Juanma recuperated after the kd.

But he couldnt stay away from the brawl and couldnt keep his hands up.

He could have probably recuperated again , but if he kept fighting the same way he was getting koed eventually.

Comment

Working...
                    X