Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steve Kim: Maidana-Morales PPV did under 50,000 buys.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was an excellent card but it probably suffered because of the huge number of PPVs in the US.

Comment

Way to support a national legend, Mexico.

Comment

That's pretty horrible... Didn't zabs low rent ppv v Ubaldo Hernandez do 100k.

This is a real shame. I'll b the 1st to admit I didn't buy it. Bu if I had I def wouldn't if regretted it. It was a solid night if boxing.

Comment

I was more than comfortable with watching the fight on a stream. I don't regret not buying it, but it was a great card. I already have HBO and Showtime which is like what $15 each? My cable bill is always over $200 a month. Sorry I can't pay for a PPV having Erik Morales main event in 2011. 2003-2004 and before, sure. 2011, no matter how exciting the card was, it's not worth $60.

Maidana-Khan was more passable as a PPV and they gave that to us for "free" and it was just as exciting as Maidana-Morales, maybe even more. We saw Maidana get knocked down from a body shot right off the bat, we saw Khan surviving that 10th round attack from Maidana, it was an all out war.

Hopkins-Pascal was every bit of exciting as that whole PPV card put together and I didn't have to pay an extra $60 for it along with what I already pay for HBO/Showtime monthly.

Congratulations to those who feel they got their moneys worth, I watched the fights and I can't see why any one would exactly feel robbed for paying for it, so I understand those who paid for it being happy. But under 50k PPV's sold just goes to show i'm not alone.

Comment

This isnt a big surprise. GBP is a joke when it comes to promoting. And the only competitive fight was the main event, all the undercards were one-sided affairs. It was bad match making and promoting but the diehards are gonna buy it but hardly and casual fans bought it. This is more proof that what Arum said was right when he said the only reason why GBP is still in business is because of HBO.

Pacquiao vs Mosley will sell more PPV's than all of GBP's PPV's put together this year.

Comment

Originally posted by withoutthee666 View Post
              Way to support a national legend, Mexico.
              what's funny is this was shown in Mexico and it did fantastic ratings, better then Canelo's last fight. But I hear what you're saying - mexican americans.

Comment

It's funny when you look at like this though:

Alexander-Bradley: HBO
                Hopkins-Pascal: HBO
                Super 6 fights: Showtime
                Berto-Ortiz: HBO
                Khan-Maidana: HBO
                Marquez-Katsidis: HBO
                Rios-Acosta: Showtime
                Ortiz -Peterson: HBO
                Martinez Williams I & II: HBO
                Hopkins Pascal II/Dawson Diaconu: HBO
                etc.

vs

Morales-Maidana/Katsidis Guerrero: HBO PPV

Comment

Clearly worth the money, glad I bought it.

Comment

Originally posted by lfc19titles View Post
                    lol this was on ppv? what the hell such a rip off by golden boy, neither guy deserves to fight on ppv

fight was free in the uk, people probably streamed it from here
                    say the ****** brits who have to pay for khan vs ***in mcloskey

Comment

Working...
                    X