Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juanma vs Vazquez Possible at 130, Says Bob Arum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So he wants a 122 guy to fight a 126 guy @ 130, come'on son.

Comment

that's why he is scumbag arum....cause he is a ****in scumbag!
      gamboa/lopez is the only fight this **** should be thinking of when it comes to juanma's plans....

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        By the time this fight happens, it was be at least the end of 2012, early 2013. They just signed Vazquez and trust me he won't be placed in such a dangerous fight until the actual fight is very big.
        Oh I know , trust me.

First of all , its true what Arum said. The networks dont want to pay the big bucks for the sw. So I understand what Arum is trying to do , it makes complete sense. Its is sad that it has to be that way , but it is what it is.

If the fight was to be negotiated right now , both fighters will probably be offered 25% of what they could be making against each other later down the line.

At this point , Juanma could ask for the bigger purse. And he has the right to , he has fought the better guys. And will bring more fans .

So who is to say that Gamboa would agree of what is offered to him. Or even Juanma for that matter.

Too little money , no big enough profit , and no network willing to pay the money Arum knows they deserve.

This fight will happen at 130 for sure. Because it is not happening any time soon. Plus the division is almost wiped. So the only thing that makes sense is for them to move up. Get more lucrative , more competitive fights.

Its not anybodys fault , its just the way it works.

Thats why I think Gamboa is being ignorant. He dont realize this. I dont think he really understands how it works. I can see he is very confident , and might also be in a hurry. Since he is almost 30 and wants to make the best of his career. But a fight of this magnitude its not getting the support it deserves from the big bosses. Not including Arum.

Comment

LoL

Comment

WV2 is not only smaller but right now even if he has a 122lb world title that he beat a flyweight for, he is still just a prospect who hasn't fought anyone really.

Comment

Originally posted by blind4 View Post

LoL

Comment

this is bull****. not for nothing but arum has to go.

Comment

just signed the guy and arum's already dangling a fight we know wouldnt happen for a long long time ...

Comment

Originally posted by SluggerFan View Post
                    Dude, you under-estimate the stupidity of PRBOXINGCOTTO. He will pop-up, say it's a great fight for Puerto Rico and then run and hide under his bed...
                    nah he doesnt like ricans fighting ricans. i dont either, not when there's 100 billion mexicans in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                      By the time this fight happens, it was be at least the end of 2012, early 2013. They just signed Vazquez and trust me he won't be placed in such a dangerous fight until the actual fight is very big.

Pretty much.only way this fight happens is if either man's career takes a disastrous caballero slump or theyre both built to prime at the same time.

Comment

Working...
                      X