Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rios vs Antillon Possible? Humberto Soto Jumping Ship?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Rios vs Antillon Possible? Humberto Soto Jumping Ship?

Multiple sources in Mexico, and the United States, have advised BoxingScene.com that WBC lightweight champion Humberto Soto is informing those close to him that he's not going forward with the May 7th rematch with Urbano Antillon, which is scheduled for the Manny Pacquiao-Shane Mosley undercard at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

[Click Here To Read More]

Humberto Soto should fight Brandon Ríos on July 9.

Comment

not very much time for rios to prepare for a big fight thats a co-feature on a ppv...and plus are his hands even 100% healed yet?? i dont think brandon should take this fight

Comment

Soto needs to fight SOMEBODY. The guy hasn't fought anyone of note since the Guzman fight it seems. It could have been TR's fault all along. The Antillon rematch wasn't really necesary to me.

Comment

Originally posted by MXboxingfan View Post
          Humberto Soto should fight Brandon Ríos on July 9.
          Damn good fight,I think soto is afraid of bam bam tho.

Comment

Make it happen a great fight. And soto should jump ship and fight marquez in a unification fight. That would be a great fight.

Comment

Is Soto ******ed?

Why the hell would you turn down a chance to be the lead-in fight on a Pacquiao card? Guys like Donaire who are looking for more exposure would kill for the opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                not very much time for rios to prepare for a big fight thats a co-feature on a ppv...and plus are his hands even 100% healed yet?? i dont think brandon should take this fight
                They are talking about July 9th, not May 7th. It looks like the best undercardd fight on the Pacquiao card is gone. Will we get stuck with Christy Martin now?

Comment

I thought rios' hand was injured? Soto has been mismanaged by top rank IMO. He's a great fighter and should be much more popular and well known then he is. Besides the antillion fight, and just like donaire was, soto has been fighting subpar opponents on obscure ppvs with few viewers. He should be a name. If were on his team I wouldn't be happy either.

Im really interested in a Guerrero Or Marquez fight so if he jumps ship those are great potential match ups.
                  Last edited by -Boxzilla-; 04-13-2011, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SluggerFan View Post
                    They are talking about July 9th, not May 7th. It looks like the best undercardd fight on the Pacquiao card is gone. Will we get stuck with Christy Martin now?
                    ok i see it now, i didnt read it all at first and just thought rios would be replacing soto on may 7th....july 9th would be good though

i think they'll probably bump pavliks fight up to be the co-feature

Comment

Working...
                    X