Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is more likely to successfully come back: Lemieux or Kirkland?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
    Kirkland may need a new trainer, maybe back to his old one, (who gave him a lot of support when he got into trouble), but Lemieux definitely needs a legit pro trainer, because Russ Anber is NOT a pro trainer, he's always been an amateur trainer, never fought pro, was only a limited amateur flyweight, BUT, excels as a 30 min. talk show host. Don't think he has any other fighters, maybe one or two local kids nobody's ever heard of, at most.

Just by luck he's managed to produce a good offensive fighter, who, in the right hands should go places.
    he trained otis grant to a title ... and i thought every piece of advice given to david throughout the fight was exactly spot on and the right instructions. just david's plan a wasnt working and he couldnt adjust to a plan b. maybe a new or co trainer is a good way to go ... but i do believe russ knows his stuff

Comment

Let me guess the white guy right. Isn't that what this b1tchazz TS about.
      Last edited by Ko King 212; 04-10-2011, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Kirkland nce he adjusts from that 2 year layoff he'll be back and back to where he left off. It's obvious it's the layoff effecting him because he went through wars with Brian Vera and Julio and took much worse shots.

David I think has a cardio problem. He gets to jumpy in the early rounds and punches himself out. Gets to excited. I think he could adjust too and be successful.

Honestly I don't think either will be Ring Magazine World Champion but I don't think that necessarily says they won't be successful. You don't have to be a great champion to be successful. See Gatti. I think they'll both bounce right back and give us some great classics before they fade into the sunset in their careers.

Comment

I don't think either will ever have highly successful careers now that their weaknesses have been exposed.

But Lemieux is still very young and he didn't lose in such an embarassing way, so his chances of success are better than Kirkland's.

Comment

I voted for both to come back successfully.

My reasoning is that both of them are young enough to learn new tricks. Kirkland was caught cold and Lemieux ran out of gas. Both are very fixable.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
              I voted for both to come back successfully.

My reasoning is that both of them are young enough to learn new tricks. Kirkland was caught cold and Lemieux ran out of gas. Both are very fixable.
              I agree 100% with this.

Comment

Kirkland's chances to come back are better.

Obviously, he was not well prepared. He was recently released from prison early March. And he went out to fight three boxers in a month's time.

As his former trainer, Ann Wolfe said, "I would have not let him fight three fights right away, i would have said James your not fighting for atleast three months so he can get the training in he needs to get back ready. Seventy round sparring, you know how i do it."

If Kirkland's gets the usual and much needed training, I think he'll get Ishida on a KO when they meet in a rematch.

Comment

lemeiux has a better chance...he's younger and got stopped by a legit puncher in rubio. i think lemeiux will be better off knowing that he's not gonna be able to knock everyone out.

i think its safe to say that kirkland leaves a lot to be desired in the chin department, but like lemeiux, its probably a good learning experience for him and i'm not gonna count him out just yet. he's fought a couple times this year already and probably wasnt taking any of these opponents seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom! View Post
                    I don't think either will ever have highly successful careers now that their weaknesses have been exposed.

But Lemieux is still very young and he didn't lose in such an embarassing way, so his chances of success are better than Kirkland's.

Not so many years ago, Wladamir also had his weakness exposed. He however still turned into a very dominant champion. He adjusted successfully after suffering some bad setbacks. His opponents still know his weak spot, but over many years all have failed to show that weakness again.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
                      Not so many years ago, Wladamir also had his weakness exposed. He however still turned into a very dominant champion. He adjusted successfully after suffering some bad setbacks. His opponents still know his weak spot, but over many years all have failed to show that weakness again.
                      Its going to take a very good trainer to completely alter their styles like Steward did for Wlad for either James or David to have think kind of a successful comeback. Could happen but David is younger so he has much more time.

Comment

Working...
                      X