Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nobuhiro Ishida Suspected Kirkland's Chin Was Suspect

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smart fighter that did his homework, Kirkland last fight on the Alvarez vs Hatton undercard his legs did buckle a little bit, he probably should have taken some time off after that fight...3 fights in a month is just RIDICULOUS! Seems like Kirkland and GBP was trying to rush things a little too much and it caught up with them

please lets not try to hype up Ishida because of one match

Comment

lesson learned and move on kirkland.but work on your defense. i don't believe in this weak chin and strong chin garbage.every boxer is human so its about heart.maybe kirkland does'nt have heart but i find it difficult to give this jap credit.that said then this does look bad on kirkland.

Comment

Originally posted by flint View Post
        lesson learned and move on kirkland.but work on your defense. i don't believe in this weak chin and strong chin garbage.every boxer is human so its about heart.maybe kirkland does'nt have heart but i find it difficult to give this jap credit.that said then this does look bad on kirkland.
        Well, there are many guys with heart that go down a lot... For example, Tito Trinidad and Juan Manuel Marquez. There are other guys that have been hit with everything, including the kitchen sink, like Glen Johnson, that always seem to stay upright. Of course he has tremendous heart too. If you don't think there are varying levels of fighters "chins" (ability to absorb a punch), what's the reasoning for that? I can't think of an example right now of a heartless fighter with a spectacular chin.

Comment

Now that's what u call doing his homework!! He studied Kirkland real good & came to a conclusion & stuck to it & it worked!! & SURPRISED THE S H I T OUT OF MOST OF THE PEOPLE WHO WATCHED THE FIGHT!! & to top it off Ishida showed that he REALLY believed in himself, cause for a person like Ishida that in 30 fights had ONLY 6 KO's which means he has the same power in his fist's as feather fisted Malignaggi & Ivan Calderón & to come in to the fight against undefeated Kirkland(who's record was 27-0-23KO's) with ONLY 1 game plan & that was to win by KO, that shows that he's either psychic or he's a real ballsy guy!!! I think he's psychic!!!

Comment

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding you somehow, but..

Say what?

The least anyone can give to Ishida IS credit.
            He was put in there as food for this supposed beast, Kirkland.

I agree that the best thing Kirkland can do is not dwell to much on the loss and just move on and learn what's necessary to fix his flaws.

I definitely think Kirkland has heart and that's what got him into trouble.

He relies on his "heart" too much. The way he's always fought is with too much heart, but not enough thinking and making adjustments. He gets hit with a bomb or gets KD'd and it seems that he just thinks, "ok, i'll take the next punch better, it won't knock me down and all I have to do is just hit him hard once or twice."

It doesn't look like he's thinking of how he got placed in that position or pulling back a little so he can recover or see what the opponent's game plan is.

Kirkland has heart and power, but he can't rely solely on just those anymore.

Comment

some Boxing skils still elude Kirkland and a few neck exercise's would help.

Comment

You know when Kirkland said he didn't know who Maidana was, and that he didn't watch ANY boxing at all, I knew something like this was going to happen. I knew he was just two dimensional bully. You cannot be so arrogant, and unwilling to learn the other elements other than KOing.

Most great boxers, are boxing historians and scholars themselves, which gives one valuable info.

Comment

It's not garbage, there are fighters with granite jaw & there are fighters with glass jaw..For example-->A fighter like Argentinian world middleweight exchampion Jorge"Locomotora"Castro could get hit with a bat & he would just keep on coming, he would get hit & it wouldn't even faze him..& Puerto Rican ex featherweight world champ Juan LaPorte fought hard bangers like Wilfredo Gomez(at the time Gomez was 40-1-1 & 40KO's) Kosta tszyu, Salvador Sanchez & Azuma Nelson & even thou they hit him with everything they had, Laporte took them all to the distance loosing by decision(against Gomez, Sanchez & Nelson were 15 rounders) & hall of famer great featherweight world champ Salvador Sanchez was another 1 that I seen him receive uppers that looked like he was going to get decapitated & then the fighters followed with a devastating left hook right on the jaw & Sanchez wouldn't flintch & would come back with 4, 5 or 6 punch combos!!! Those are examples of strong chins...

Then u have fighters that if u touched their jaw they would melt like butter like hard hitting KO artist jr middle & middleweight ex world champ & hall of famer Julian Jackson..In almost all of Jackson's fights someone was gonna get knocked the fuk out & it was his opponent or Jackson himself..He lost 6 fights & all were by KO & beleive Me, it wasn't lack of heart..Another was hall of famer Tommy Hearns that just like Jackson someone was getting KO'd..& if anyone saw Hearns fight, weather he got KO'd or not, no one would doubt his courage, cause Hearns had heart!! & there was also 4 time jr middleweight world champ & hall of famer Terry Norris that got dropped & KO'd in a couple of fights & his courage had nothing to do with it, cause at times he got back up to win...Norris got knocked the fuk out very bad by Simon Brown & in the rematch Norris outboxed the s h i t out of Brown, he had Brown going crazy & was even taunting him during their 2nd fight & gave Brown a beating for 12 rounds to get a UD win...If a fighter gets KO'd, is not because of lack of heart, it's just that they can't take a punch & there's NOTHING they could do about it except try not to get hit on the jaw!! Fighters with granite jaws are just like fighters with glass jaws, they are born that way..They can not be created..It's like heavy handed punchers & feather fisted hitters, they are born that way & there's nothing they could do about it...

Comment

Originally posted by SpitBalla View Post
                    You know when Kirkland said he didn't know who Maidana was, and that he didn't watch ANY boxing at all, I knew something like this was going to happen. I knew he was just two dimensional bully. You cannot be so arrogant, and unwilling to learn the other elements other than KOing.

Most great boxers, are boxing historians and scholars themselves, which gives one valuable info.
                    I seen that video & that's why if a peroson is going to practice a sport & especially if they are going to make a living out of it, they should watch it & study it & know who's who & what are their strength's & their weaknesses & it will benefit them in the future..Kirkland didn't even know WHO WERE THE CHAMPS IN HIS OWN WEIGHT CLASS!!!

Comment

It's obvious Kirkland tried to lose too much weight too fast just before the fight. There is absolutely no way this light hitting kid scores his first knock him down with a jab when Julio couldn't KO Kirkland with scores of clean shots. Kirkland 1st round KO in a rematch.

Comment

Working...
                      X