Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Maidana weight drained? or did he respect Morales too much?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maidana came out too strong and punched himself out, simple.

Comment

Originally posted by moal View Post
      Maidana came out too strong and punched himself out, simple.
      What punched himself out inside 2 rounds? cause Morales won the third

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
        Excuses excuses. If you want to look at the difference in the Khan and Ortiz fight in comparison its this. Khan has no chin and couldnt afford to stand in there. Ortiz chose to stand in without moving his head. Morales on the other hand stood his ground and used masterful head movement not allowing Maidana to wail away. He also made him pay when he missed. Unlike Khan, Morales used a jab as his defense when he was rocked a little rather than trying to run away. Morales saw his punches coming a mile away just like Corley did or any seasoned boxer will do from here on out with Maidana. I dont think Maidana's a push over but he will lose more times than not against the top 'boxers' from here on out. He was outclassed last night plain and simple.
        Excuses for what?

Ortiz tried to run from Maidana, he simply couldn't. He does not have the feet or the boxing ablity to move around the ring effectively. Rewatch the Maidana Ortiz fight, and you'll see Ortiz did try and run, but when he did, he was getting absolutely hammered.

Ortiz traded with Maidana, because he knew it was the only way to keep him from killing him. Sometimes, if your defense is not good enough, you can only defend by attacking.

The funny thing is if Khan fought Morales, going by your rationale Morales could beat Khan. But if they DID fight, I can gurantee people would go insane, saying Khan is picking on a shot fighter, and they would probably be correct.

Morales did a great good job last night, but largely that is because Maidana is not very good. As much as I love Morales, at this point in his career, he would get schooled by JMM, Khan, and even Bradley.
        Last edited by SpitBalla; 04-10-2011, 03:22 PM.

Comment

You have to give credit to Morales for this fight. Maidana may have taken the fight less serious than he should have, much like the Corley fight, but Maidana had moments where the flurries he landed would have dropped just about anyone else at 140. Morales took it and stayed in control.

Comment

Originally posted by MGM-134 View Post
            Maidana is past prime.

Even against Khan, his punches haven't looked as fast and sharp as they did against Kotelnik and Ortiz.

We keep saying he didn't take so and so seriously, but I'm starting to think he's just slowing down.

He should ask his chinese comrade Pac for some A-side mef.

Or just bring back the mullet.
            You should be a little embarrassed to have to dig for an excuse like that.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
              You should be a little embarrassed to have to dig for an excuse like that.
              You aren't man enough to grow a mullet.

Comment

Originally posted by MGM-134 View Post
                You aren't man enough to grow a mullet.
                Black people dont have the hair for a mullet. I would be a mohawk with a shag.LOL

Comment

Originally posted by MOTHER DUCK View Post
                  What punched himself out inside 2 rounds? cause Morales won the third
                  Yes? He slowed down considerably after coming out very strong.

Comment

I think he cut corners in training and possibly took Morales a little lightly,still,a great performance from El terrible

Comment

Working...
                    X