Acosta aims for quick return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acosta aims for quick return

By Gabriel F. Cordero

Former WBA lightweight champion Miguel “Aguacerito” Acosta hopes to return to the ring as soon as possible and is eyeing a June or July date against a top opponent. Acosta recently lost his WBA belt to Brandon “Bam Bam” Rios on February 26 in Las Vegas. “I know I can return to the top,” said Acosta, “but to get back there I must fight and that’s what I want to do.”

I wish him the best in his return in the ring. I hope he recovers well from his fight with Rios. I haven't seen much of Acosta but I like what I have seen of him. I'll definitely be looking out for his next fight. What do you guys think?

two thumbs up..

Comment

WAR Acosta! Great fighter he is!

Comment

Acosta got beat up pretty bad in the Rios fight. Not all fighters recover from that. Hopefully Acosta will overcome the odds and become a top contender again.

Comment

I'll watch acosta any time. he's an entertaining fighter and a badass.

most dudes can't take that punishment he dished out in the first 5 vs rios

Comment

he has a solid foundation. i think he could have won that fight with rios if he kept moving around and stopper trading shot on the ropes. easier said then done i know, but it made for a great fight.

Comment

i have only been able to find highlights of his fight with antillon. it would be nice to find some of his other fight. if anyone knows where to find them a link would be much appreciated.

Comment

Working...
              X