No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather has never beaten an elite fighter in his prime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DWiens421 View Post
    For a guy with a suspect chin (perfect shot that KO'd him, but it certainly raises questions at the very least) who never fights anyone, he is wasting a lot of time, and risking another "perfect shot" to let some flash in the pan or nobody knock him out again. He'd be better served to actually come fight the best competition, where most fighters throw quick punches, but from conventional angles that Linares knows how and where to defend to keep from getting hit. It's the in between fighters that have some talent but do things in a very weird fashion that can really show up and ruin someone's night. So... get your ass over here and fight Vazquez Linares!

It wasn't on the chin. It was on the temple. He then jumped up way too quick, a vet would have taken his time. Linares just hopped right up and tried to fight even though the room was spinning. So he loss. He got caught just like Nonito did to Montiel. On the side of the head not the chin. Linares was on his way to fighting the best but he had that one set back.

Which Vazquez are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by FerdinandMarcos View Post
      Featherfisted Chris Byrd walked down Vitaly and made that whore QUIT...and he's the best of the Klit Queens...lol

The Klits are human punching bags too....punching bags with GLASS CHINS and NO HEART..lol
      Yes. I think a prime Tyson would have eaten those Klits!

Comment

I'm quite uninformed, as I've never seen Spadafora fight, but... Mayweather decision victim Victoriano Sosa knocked him down and it sounds like he had him hurt and in trouble... not a good sign from a guy who looked okay... but not great, and definitely didn't strike me as someone how was packing a bunch of power.

I've watched the first Mayweather-Castillo fight a bunch of times (which is really quite the underrated fight in terms of entertainment value... everyone else is too god damn busy deciding whether it was a robbery or not 9 years after the fight... ****ing idiots... ) and a certain segment where Castillo has Mayweather on the ropes, and clubs Mayweather in the mouth with a right hand that kind of brushes from side to side due to the weird positioning of the two fighters.

My point is, Castillo was able to do a lot of good work on Mayweather, and yes, I also mean the second fight, which is not the wipeout that some people like to make it out to be, who I am assuming is a better defensive fighter in his prime than Spadafora... So unless he just has the antidote to Castillo's poison in the specifics of the way the fighting styles matchup, I have a hard time seeing how Spadafora beats Castillo.

Like, I said, never seen him, so this is a bit triangle based, but... the styles are alike, so it should at least provide some sort of prediction, shouldn't it?
        Yeah Sosa dropped him twice, almost had him out, but Spadafora took over, one of the best come backs I've ever seen. Despite all that I would have still given him a great shot against Castillo. Anyway, here is my scorecard to Spadafora-Sosa.

Sosa 1,2,3 + 2 KDs, 6

Spadafora 4,5,7,8,9,10,11,12

Comment

Well I will say that Hatton was not elite at 147. He won a title against Collazo (good for him... that's a damn good win, despite how bad Hatton looked and how razor thin the decision was), but it showed that he really didn't belong at the weight, as his physical advantages just weren't there. For a fighter that fights in such a bullying, physical way, moving up in weight really can be quite the detriment. It's hard to bully people around as the smaller man. However, he looked a lot better at the weight against Mayweather Jr., showing that it could have been a bad night against Collazo, or perhaps just a case of Collazo being a giant welterweight emphasizing the negatives of moving up in weight more than they would have been against a regular sized welter.

At the end of the day, a guy who is 1-1 at the weight a guy beat him at is certainly not elite.

In regards to this Oscar argument... only giving De La Hoya three rounds makes about as much sense as Tommy Kaczmarek scoring the fight for De La Hoya. I think 8-4 or 7-5 is probably the right scorecard... but 9-3 makes less sense than 6-6... it was not an ass whipping 117-111 fight for Mayweather... it just wasn't. He took too many jabs in the mouth to get the nod in 75% of the rounds.
          I think anyone beating Collazo is a great win! Just ask your boy Andre Berto!! Collazo kicked his ass, IMO.

Comment

I'm quite uninformed, as I've never seen Spadafora fight, but... Mayweather decision victim Victoriano Sosa knocked him down and it sounds like he had him hurt and in trouble... not a good sign from a guy who looked okay... but not great, and definitely didn't strike me as someone how was packing a bunch of power.

I've watched the first Mayweather-Castillo fight a bunch of times (which is really quite the underrated fight in terms of entertainment value... everyone else is too god damn busy deciding whether it was a robbery or not 9 years after the fight... ****ing idiots... ) and a certain segment where Castillo has Mayweather on the ropes, and clubs Mayweather in the mouth with a right hand that kind of brushes from side to side due to the weird positioning of the two fighters.

My point is, Castillo was able to do a lot of good work on Mayweather, and yes, I also mean the second fight, which is not the wipeout that some people like to make it out to be, who I am assuming is a better defensive fighter in his prime than Spadafora... So unless he just has the antidote to Castillo's poison in the specifics of the way the fighting styles matchup, I have a hard time seeing how Spadafora beats Castillo.

Like, I said, never seen him, so this is a bit triangle based, but... the styles are alike, so it should at least provide some sort of prediction, shouldn't it?
            Spaddy beat that a$$ after the KD vs Sosa by the way. He outclassed him pretty badly.

Go peek at Spaddy-Manfredy on youtube, it's a decent quality fight for youtube. There's a couple other Spaddy fights on there. Spaddy-Dorin is a must see fight for the war that it was, but spaddy abandoned his gameplan in that fight.

You HAVE to watch Spaddy-Dorin!

Comment

Originally posted by Dominicano Soy! View Post
              Yeah Sosa dropped him twice, almost had him out, but Spadafora took over, one of the best come backs I've ever seen. Despite all that I would have still given him a great shot against Castillo. Anyway, here is my scorecard to Spadafora-Sosa.

Sosa 1,2,3 + 2 KDs, 6

Spadafora 4,5,7,8,9,10,11,12

If I remember, I had a shutout after 3rd round.

Comment

For the sake of his legacy, Floyd needs to fight Pacquiao.

You'd think the huge payday would make him want to do it, but his fear of losing seems to be greater than his love of money.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  It wasn't on the chin. It was on the temple. He then jumped up way too quick, a vet would have taken his time. Linares just hopped right up and tried to fight even though the room was spinning. So he loss. He got caught just like Nonito did to Montiel. On the side of the head not the chin. Linares was on his way to fighting the best but he had that one set back.

Which Vazquez are you talking about?
                  Miguel I would assume.

Comment

Yea, I wondered why he never fought Casamayor...the best fighter he beat in his prime was Corrales I reckon...and Castillo, altho that first fight was a robbery. Lederman had it 115-111 for Castillo! Oh and the Manfredy fight was stopped too soon. Manfredy was a solid contender, but he got bumrushed by FMJ and I think that took him by surprise. Anyway, he was in no way finished when they stopped it!

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
                      corrales was the #2 fighter at 130 ,undefeated,considered a beast and p4p top 5..id say he was elite and prime

hatton was undefeated,2 division champ,linear 140 champ,p4p top 5..id say he was elite

castillo-top lw and prime..id say he was elite
                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Working...
                      X