No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather has never beaten an elite fighter in his prime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
    floyd has been the a side since he beat corrales. the only time he wasnt a side was when he fought oscar.
    Agreed, except for the Gatti fight.

Everyone fought him after he was the a-side. Manny refused the fight in 09. Shane finally challenged him (no toothache), Hamed retired after Barrera, He beat Hatton.

Margs and Pwill are not HOF'ers so if he defeated them were still in the same position.

Basically posters that hate Floyd are rewarding ODH, shane, Hamed, Manny and Kosta for not fighting Floyd when they were prime and holding it against floyd. At the same time they over inflate Margs, Pwill, and some other names making it seem like they were HOF'ers that were avoided.

Its selective amnesia but it is what it is. I'm sure you will be at his HOF induction with a sign that points this out.

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      Castillo was prime and number one at 135
      Yeah and he lost to him the first fight.
      Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      Gatti was top 5 at 140 and was on a career revival
      Come on Gatti had like 4 loses already? career revival for gods sake.
      Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
      at 147....Mosley was number 1 after a huge win, Baldomir was number one after beating Judah and Gatti, Manny was number one too
      Mosley had like 4 loses and was an old man already. It's not like he was 30 years old.
      Baldomir was never an elite fighter, come on.
      And he lost to Manny, sorry to tell you that. If you believe in Compubox then it's up to you if you want to be fooled.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        Agreed, except for the Gatti fight.

Everyone fought him after he was the a-side. Manny refused the fight in 09. Shane finally challenged him (no toothache), Hamed retired after Barrera, He beat Hatton.

Margs and Pwill are not HOF'ers so if he defeated them were still in the same position.

Basically posters that hate Floyd are rewarding ODH, shane, Hamed, Manny and Kosta for not fighting Floyd when they were prime and holding it against floyd. At the same time they over inflate Margs, Pwill, and some other names making it seem like they were HOF'ers that were avoided.

Its selective amnesia but it is what it is. I'm sure you will be at his HOF induction with a sign that points this out.

did gatti earn more money than floyd in that fight???

Comment

did gatti earn more money than floyd in that fight???
          They may have split 50/50 but the fight was in AC. Gatti was surely the a side. It was Floyd's "intro to the main stream" fight. The Castillo, Genaro and Corrales fights were more fight fans fights.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
            They may have split 50/50 but the fight was in AC. Gatti was surely the a side. It was Floyd's "intro to the main stream" fight. The Castillo, Genaro and Corrales fights were more fight fans fights.
            i saw the fight but i didnt get into the fight promotion due to the fact that i knew taht gatti was gonna get slayed, so its pretty hard for me to believe that even tho the fight was in atlatntic city gatti's turf, that gatti was the a side.

floyd has always been the a side since the corrales fight and only went back to b side for oscar.

Comment

• Man, the butthurt is real.

#FloydRuinsLives

Comment

i saw the fight but i didnt get into the fight promotion due to the fact that i knew taht gatti was gonna get slayed, so its pretty hard for me to believe that even tho the fight was in atlatntic city gatti's turf, that gatti was the a side.

floyd has always been the a side since the corrales fight and only went back to b side for oscar.
                That's just not the case man.

Like I said dude its ok to not like Floyd. It just is better when its done factually.

I guess the only way you will understand is when you are debating with someone 5 years from now that say GGG was never the lineal MW champ and leaves out that Sergio, Canelo and Cotto never fought him.

Comment

the same gatti who was wrecked by oscar before floyd got to him??????

face it bro...

Gatti was the A side

Mayweather was the most proven of his generation...you're gonna have to learn how to deal with it bro....life is too short.

Why waste your time when all it takes is to compare his resume to who fought in his era and its plain to see who fought the best opposition

Fighting for world titles in over half his fights and you say he was "protected" or a "cherrypicker"

yadda yadda yadda.....face it bro, he has a better resume than Pacquaio, Barrera, Roy Jones, Hopkins or anyone who fought in the last 20 years.

I hate to see what you think of GGG's resume in his mid 30s with 34 fights

Mayweather had a better resume than GGG does now back in 2001 lol

Comment

• People have such selective memories here. About 75% of this forum said that Mayweather would NEVER fight Mosley after Mosley decapitated Margarito, and when the fight was made about 50% of the forum said Mosley would KO him. Then literally as soon as Mayweather whoops him, he's a bum.
                    The Big Dunn The Big Dunn likes this.

Comment

• Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                      Man, the butthurt is real.

#FloydRuinsLives
                      #TheOnlyLivesFloydRuinsAreWomen

Comment

Working...
                      X