Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather has never beaten an elite fighter in his prime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol!!! Y'all still butt hurt over the greatest of this generation huh?

The Ring

130;

Hernandez #1
    Corrales #1
    Manfredy #5
    Chavez #3

135;

Castillo #1
    Castillo 2 #1

140;

Gatti #1

Judah #3
    Baldomir #1
    Mosley #1
    Hatton (unsure)
    Ortiz #2
    Guererro #2
    Maidana 2 #5
    Pacquaio #1

De La Hoya #5
    Cotto #1
    Canelo #1

P4P

Corrales #5
    Hatton #8
    Marquez #2
    Mosley #3
    Guererro #10
    Canelo #10
    Pacquaio #2

Hold that tho... Lol!!!

Comment

• I didn't put that together though... Shoutouts to the guy on here that did. Can't remember his name but /end thread

Comment

• And he also never got schooled by a fighter like Tyson Fury or ko'd by a fighter like Ross ****ing Purity

Comment

• I was never a big Floyd fan because I never support athletes that act ****y and arrogant but the man was a boxing genius for real. I used to discredit Floyd over his Canelo victory saying Canelo was too green but after the Cotto fight I realized Canelo still fights the same. Floyd beats him again tomorrow the same. All his past opponents still get beat the same.

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
            And he also never got schooled by a fighter like Tyson Fury or ko'd by a fighter like Ross ****ing Purity
            Larry is bumping my threads while having me on ignore.

How cowardly is that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
              Larry is bumping my threads while having me on ignore.

How cowardly is that?
              About as cowardly as Wlad fought Saturday...LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• but but..Ward headbutts doe....LOL

Comment

• Wlad took a big risk with Fury who is just about in his prime and had reach and height advantage and probably the best heavyweight out there at this moment.

Floyd if he fought GGG would be similar to Wlad v Fury.

Comment

• Floyd is the greatest fighter of his generation. But when he claims to be the best ever (TBE), the truth is that other guys are more deserving.

Floyd never beat a great fighter who was fighting in his prime. Other fighters (such as Ali, Leonard, Duran -- a few quick examples) have done so.

Floyd never stretched himself. He always seemed to make sure not to fight rangier, bigger guys (Margarito, Williams.) When I ask myself, "who could have defeated Floyd?", I always think of the taller guys who could box and stay very active throughout the fight -- think Tommy Hearns or Sugar Ray Leonard historically.

I'm a fan, though. I think Floyd is simply a man of his times. He managed his career in a much more intelligent way than the other fighters I mentioned. He avoided punishment and brain damage. He developed unsurpassed skills (primarily of elusiveness) and made sure not to take on opponents who might have been able to outsize and outjab him.

It's not his fault that he lacked truly great competitors in his generation. (Please don't mention the undersized and past-it Pacquaio.)

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                      Wlad took a big risk with Fury who is just about in his prime and had reach and height advantage and probably the best heavyweight out there at this moment.

Floyd if he fought GGG would be similar to Wlad v Fury.
                      Exactly...

Comment

Working...
                      X