• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neither has either Klitchko or GGG

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
      Neither has either Klitchko or GGG
      True, but neither claim to be The Best Ever.

Neither beat up women. Wladimir would not beat up Hayden wife, especially in front of his little daughter.

Neither has ever demanded an opponent wear gloves with extra padding.

Neither have been afraid to fight outside their hometown (both have fought in several countries).

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom. View Post

Neither beat up women. Wladimir would not beat up Hayden wife, especially in front of his little daughter.

Neither have been afraid to fight outside their hometown (both have fought in several countries).

Castillo, Corrales, and Hatton were elite....years in p4p top ten and also all are former lineal champions and held major titles.....I don't think you know what elite means

Comment

Oh I'm sure Wladimir beats up little Haydon almost every night.

Comment

• Originally posted by HughJass View Post
            I was reading a article yesterday about TR matchmaker Bruce Trampler and when he scouted Floyd.

He goes on to say that Floyd had a thing for Oscar as early as 1997.He wanted to fight everyone Oscar fought.He goes on to say that Floyd was working on his Oscar fight very early.

Floyd really wanted to fight De La Hoya before there bout in 07.
            Of course he did. Arum wouldn't allow it

Comment

Lol nailed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                But history will judge floyds opponents with hindsight and retrospect. Now history can see they were over rated. Just like people with hindsight can say DLH was not a great win for Pac as people believe.
                But before the fight he was odds on favourite to beat Pac.
                No, you think they are overrated to suit your little mind, little man bias. Castillo is rightly considered among the best lightweights of our generation and Corrales considered among the best 130 pounders and certainly among the hardest hitting of our generation. Neither are overrated.

There is a huge difference between those wins, both at their peaks, both as champions current and future too, both fighting at their best weight and Oscar. The fact. You compare those just shows how truly deluded your mind has become in relation to all things Pac and Floyd. It's beyond my grasp how a grown adult man can act like such a weak minded, irrational little girl. Oscar was a terrible fight because while people thought of it as a cherry pick, people also knew it could possibly backfire because people weren't sure of how Oscar would turn up at a weight he hadn't made in a decade and as a way past prime, part time fighter who'd lost more than he'd won in recent years. As it turns out, he was even worse than people thought turning up as arguably one of the worst weight drained cases in modern boxing history.

As Freddie Roach said after 'I knew we'd won it the moment I saw the Iv marks in his arm and how weak he looked. You only get Iv when you can take in enough fluid orally'. His body was so ravaged by it, he didn't end up putting any weight on because he couldn't get anything in to him properly, which is as an emergency effort, they tried to hydrate him via Iv. Crazy ****.

Very funny that you're comparing Oscar to Castillo and Corrales though.

Comment

• Originally posted by imperial1 View Post
                  19yrs as a pro yet never faced an elite fighter in his prime yet he couldn't get fights ...TBE my ass
                  In a nutshell.

Case closed.

-end thread

Comment

• Originally posted by BennyST View Post
                    No, you think they are overrated to suit your little mind, little man bias. Castillo is rightly considered among the best lightweights of our generation and Corrales considered among the best 130 pounders and certainly among the hardest hitting of our generation. Neither are overrated.

There is a huge difference between those wins, both at their peaks, both as champions current and future too, both fighting at their best weight and Oscar. The fact. You compare those just shows how truly deluded your mind has become in relation to all things Pac and Floyd. It's beyond my grasp how a grown adult man can act like such a weak minded, irrational little girl. Oscar was a terrible fight because while people thought of it as a cherry pick, people also knew it could possibly backfire because people weren't sure of how Oscar would turn up at a weight he hadn't made in a decade and as a way past prime, part time fighter who'd lost more than he'd won in recent years. As it turns out, he was even worse than people thought turning up as arguably one of the worst weight drained cases in modern boxing history.

As Freddie Roach said after 'I knew we'd won it the moment I saw the Iv marks in his arm and how weak he looked. You only get Iv when you can take in enough fluid orally'. His body was so ravaged by it, he didn't end up putting any weight on because he couldn't get anything in to him properly, which is as an emergency effort, they tried to hydrate him via Iv. Crazy ****.

Very funny that you're comparing Oscar to Castillo and Corrales though.
                    Castillo was the best lightweight of the 2000s and elite in his prime.... You don't beat Stevie Johnston, casamayor, corrales, bazan, and Julio Diaz at their best without being elite

People have childish agendas and will ignore the truth

Comment

• Mayweather targets fighters from smaller weight divisions, well past their best, coming off losses, and/or boxers who have been stopped in the past.

Pacquiao - KOed by Marquez (before that Floyd was terrified of him)

Oscar - KOed by Hopkins, had several losses

Berto - stopped by Soto-Karass. The craven Floyd chose the harmless Berto over a prime, undefeated boxer like Thurman.

Comment

Working...
                      X