No announcement yet.

Ariza: "Manny has completely changed his mental approach to the fight"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hallaqsillaq View Post
    He just put it out there didn't he? And we've been saying this for ages and been chewed up for it. Manny's NOT so small at all!

So, he only drops down to the 140's the week prior to the fight, which means he hangs around 150-155 lbs..

To take this even further, who knows since when he has "hidden" his true size, AND stipulating catchweights at the same time, thus gaining even further advantage. 1) physical and 2) mental (through providing apparently false information thus creating completely false expectations in his challenger)
    Wow just wow

Comment

According to a ***** logic Hatton is a light heavyweight seeing how he weighs 175+lbs. and goes back down to 140lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by fabie View Post
        Well PHYSICAL FRAME and WEIGHT are the points of reference in any boxing match. But fighters are not forced to fight beyond their comfort zones. I didn't say that Floyd SHOULD go up, I said he should challenge bigger people and can still go up.

This is where catchweights come into the scene to have a compromise between two fighters.

There's no such thing as someone is being drained, it is VOLUNTARY and contractual/mutual inorder to have a middle ground. With Pacquiao he has been acclimating very good as a welterweight for awhile now (fighting weight not usual weight).
        I'd rather someone fight the best than just "go up" to fight someone bigger. For instance, fighting a faded Margarito at some odd catchweight is worse than fighting a top welter. But anyway yes, Pacquiao is a strong welter.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          I'd rather someone fight the best than just "go up" to fight someone bigger. For instance, fighting a faded Margarito at some odd catchweight is worse than fighting a top welter. But anyway yes, Pacquiao is a strong welter.
          True. That opportunity to fight and get the 8th for Pacquiao is purely for the record and obviously Pac has no plans on staying on that weight that is really too-big for him.

But on the WW division, I wish that he can clean up the weight and challenge all the would be "tops" before he retire. Perhaps JMM III, Mayweather (geez this is really getting old on me now) and perhaps a Berto...then retire.

Comment

True. That opportunity to fight and get the 8th for Pacquiao is purely for the record and obviously Pac has no plans on staying on that weight that is really too-big for him.

But on the WW division, I wish that he can clean up the weight and challenge all the would be "tops" before he retire. Perhaps JMM III, Mayweather (geez this is really getting old on me now) and perhaps a Berto...then retire.
            Purely for the record? I think you meant the check. I'm pretty sure no one takes a vacant belt being fought by two non-contenders anything other than a money grab.

As for your second paragraph, I don't consider Marquez a welter. But Berto and Floyd would be nice. Of course, that's why he has no interest in either. That's just how it goes when a fighter reaches that stature.

Comment

Can we agree to put the nail in the coffin of the "Manny's a small welter!" bull****?

He's short, not small.
              I don't know about that. Just because he's training in the 150's, it does not mean he's in the best shape possible since ALL fighters trim down during training. Just a few weeks ago, he logged in at 146, so he's obviously bulking up again.

If he had the choice between moving up or moving down, he would be more successful fighting at 140 now than he would at a 150 catchweight. Not saying he wouldn't beat fighters at 150, but performance-wise, he would slow down. That, or he wouldn't rehydrate at all after making the 150 mark.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                Purely for the record? I think you meant the check. I'm pretty sure no one takes a vacant belt being fought by two non-contenders anything other than a money grab.

As for your second paragraph, I don't consider Marquez a welter. But Berto and Floyd would be nice. Of course, that's why he has no interest in either. That's just how it goes when a fighter reaches that stature.
                Well both...but the record is more important I think because his name would forever stay there until someone breaks it. Money, he already have lots of it.

It's nothing new from what Floyd was doing in the last....oh how many years now of "tune ups" and questionable fights?

Comment

Well both...but the record is more important I think because his name would forever stay there until someone breaks it. Money, he already have lots of it.

It's nothing new from what Floyd was doing in the last....oh how many years now of "tune ups" and questionable fights?
                  It's not even a real record. Just some BS they made up. Come on, dude. Think like a boxing fan.

And yes, Floyd cherry picked at the top, they all do. But that was in 2006. It's 2011. Floyd had his critics back then (still does). Manny's d*ckriding fans are pretending they don't see the obvious.

Comment

Can we agree to put the nail in the coffin of the "Manny's a small welter!" bull****?

He's short, not small.
                    pac is a small WW. he could still make jr WW and if he really wanted to he could make 135 lbs.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X