No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Luis Concepcion: I Want a Direct Rematch With Marquez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Luis Concepcion: I Want a Direct Rematch With Marquez

Luis 'El Nica' Concepcion is ready to do it one more time with Hernán 'Tyson' Márquez. Last Saturday they traded knockdowns and went to war for ten rounds of action at the Arena Roberto Durán in Panama City. Concepcion's face was badly swollen by the end of the tenth. The ringside doctor stopped the fight before the eleventh round could get going and Marquez was given the victory and Concepcion's WBA flyweight title. The Panamanian apologized to his fans and admits that he followed the wrong strategy in the fight.

[Click Here To Read More]

war marquez

Comment

Let's have a rematch and hopefully Showtime will pick it up for it's ShoBox series. The first fight was a war and it would be great for some better exposure for these little warriors...

Comment

make it happen

Comment

The first one was fight of the year. Concepcion probably couldn't see out of his left eye at the end but he was bombing away and landing until the doctor stopped it.

Comment

There's no doubt that Concepcion "looked" the better fighter and the straighter puncher, and I thought, from the way the first few rds went, that he's easily KO Marquez. But he'll have to learn NOT to walk straight in with NO head movement. The thing was, that after exchanging KD's, he knew that his were flash KDs and felt that Marquez couldn't hurt him, and that he was the strobger fighter. He actually was the stronger, but his face-first tactics did him in. At the same time I didn't think his eye was bad enough for a stoppage.

If he doesn't know how to move his head, bob and weave, I don't think he'll learn in just a few months.

It was a foolish way to fight an important match the way he did.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
              There's no doubt that Concepcion "looked" the better fighter and the straighter puncher, and I thought, from the way the first few rds went, that he's easily KO Marquez. But he'll have to learn NOT to walk straight in with NO head movement. The thing was, that after exchanging KD's, he knew that his were flash KDs and felt that Marquez couldn't hurt him, and that he was the strobger fighter. He actually was the stronger, but his face-first tactics did him in. At the same time I didn't think his eye was bad enough for a stoppage.

If he doesn't know how to move his head, bob and weave, I don't think he'll learn in just a few months.

The better fighter would've boxed from the beginning and then finished strong.that's what Marquez did from the first round so how is Concepcion the better fighter?

Comment

Originally posted by Team Vitaminas View Post
                The better fighter would've boxed from the beginning and then finished strong.that's what Marquez did from the first round so how is Concepcion the better fighter?
                This was a good fight. I seen Marquez land a lot of right hooks as Concepcion was coming in. Concepcion does not have very good defense.

Comment

How did he look the better fighter? He was getting out boxed and was looking a fool in the middle rounds. Marquez was boxing a great fight and tagging him. Conception did look like the stronger fighter and puncher but marquez boxed his ass off.

Comment

Those weren't flash Knockdowns at all. The thing is that Concepcion has a tremendous chin, a big heart and only knows one thing. To keep coming forward. He was hurt a lot of times because Marquez has heavy hands but Concepcion's endurance was formidable. I think the doctors know when to stop a fight, because they are Doctors afterall.
                    A rematch would be great because there's always the drama that Concepcion can change everything with one punch.

Comment

Working...
                    X