No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Helenius Being Built To a Fight With Dimitrenko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Helenius Being Built To a Fight With Dimitrenko

Heavyweight prospect Robert Helenius (15-0, 10KOs) became a serious threat on Saturday after a ninth round knockout of former heavyweight champion Samuel Peter. Promotional company Sauerland Event are going to take their time in grooming Helenius, but one fight they would like to make is with European champion Alexander Dimitrenko (31-1, 21KOs).

[Click Here To Read More]

Dimitrenko should be a good fight for him, though I think Helenius will win this by a late stoppage.

Comment

I have a feeling Alexander doesn't want this fight

Comment

Originally posted by Alec900 View Post
        I have a feeling Alexander doesn't want this fight

It woundn't be a wise career move for Dimitrenko.

Right now, as European titleholder and with the win over Sosnowski, he'd be a good choice for one of the Klitschkos as a voluntary title defense. It would be a good payday for Sasha.

A loss to Helenius would be a big career setback for Dimitrenko.

I'd like to see Helenius in with some veteran fringe contenders like Fres Oquendo or Timur Ibragimov to give him more experience in dealing with different styles.

Comment

Dimiterenko is Euro Garbage. Helenius is nothing special himself but he would knock Dimitrenko out..

Comment

The Sauerlands say they want to take their time with Helenius and not push him too fast...

BUT, whether they like it or not, dude will go up the rankings very fast as a result of the division being so weak if they put him in there against the likes of Peter and Dimitrenko. So Helenius will likely become mandatory to a belt before he gets the experience they want him to get. Bad situation.

It would be sad to see another Povetkin turning down his title shot because he's not ''ready''.

Comment

Originally posted by FERNZ View Post
              Dimiterenko is Euro Garbage. Helenius is nothing special himself but he would knock Dimitrenko out..
              Garbage is a strong word. He definitely lacks heart though. Credit to him for being in shape and being a solid boxer.

Maybe he's too young.

Comment

great great news, both won their last bouts by impressive one punch KOs, but uneventful fights.

lets get the party started!

Comment

Working...
                X