No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan-McCloskey: Ariza on The Fight, Working With Amir

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Khan-McCloskey: Ariza on The Fight, Working With Amir

During his thrilling, Dec. 11 clash with then-WBA interim titlist, Marcos Rene Maidana, of Argentina, WBA junior welterweight king Amir Khan of England dropped his rival in the first round as a result of a right-left to the body, but had to survive a more than 40-punch barrage that nearly had Khan out on his feet in the 10th round of a match up that was voted 2010 Fight of the Year by the Boxing Writers Association of America.

[Click Here To Read More]

oh thought the title read Ariza is back working with Amir... Ariza is in love with Amir. "We went out, we hung out, we went to Amusement parks(random?)" LOL

Comment

Even Boxing Scene is biased against Amir Khan. Every question directed at Ariza seemed to attribute his training methods to Khan's success. They ask the questions as if Ariza steps in the ring on behalf of Khan and takes those punches on the chin for him.

Yes, Ariza undoubtedly helped Khan's conditioning, which in turn helped him to survive and even win some of the late rounds against Maidana. But let's not lose sight of the fact that Khan is a very talented fighter, and deserves huge credit for the skills and ability he brings to the table.

It seems every article on this site based on Khan is masked with a faintly hidden layer of negativity. How about jst giving the guy some credit for what he brings to the ring, instead of giving it all to Roach, Ariza, and Pacquiao?

Comment

Originally posted by timba View Post
        Even Boxing Scene is biased against Amir Khan. Every question directed at Ariza seemed to attribute his training methods to Khan's success. They ask the questions as if Ariza steps in the ring on behalf of Khan and takes those punches on the chin for him.

Yes, Ariza undoubtedly helped Khan's conditioning, which in turn helped him to survive and even win some of the late rounds against Maidana. But let's not lose sight of the fact that Khan is a very talented fighter, and deserves huge credit for the skills and ability he brings to the table.

It seems every article on this site based on Khan is masked with a faintly hidden layer of negativity. How about jst giving the guy some credit for what he brings to the ring, instead of giving it all to Roach, Ariza, and Pacquiao?
        True, Khan is a terrific fighter, and Ariza is over-rated, but Amir did say this...

"Ariza got me to win the fight, he got me in the best condition I could be in for that fight".

Comment

Originally posted by timba View Post

are you insinuating that bscene is anti-muslim?

I don't think bscene has burned any holy books lately...

Comment

If I'm not mistaken the breakdown was caused by Amir's close family members. They felt the need to meddle in Amir's affairs, knowing he's getting bigger and winning fights. I guess they figure they'd save some money by keeping Ariza out of the loop. After 3 years and settling to a conditioning groove with Ariza and improving, why mess it up by firing him? Dumb, really. If he loses to Mcloskey because of poor conditioning, they only have themselves to blame.

Comment

ariza's responses are pretty fair - he could have said 'screw the guy - i hope he gets dusted' but whether it was a misunderstanding that got out of hand or whatever, khans family and entourage clearly didnt help the situation - noone on khans side disputed the allegations of contract theft. if it were me and u accused me of theft i think i'd be dropping a slander suit on u right now. ur accusing me of being a criminal!
              fair play alex. with any luck khan struggles past mccloskey and comes to his senses and hooks back up with him.
              will be easier and better in the long run anyway because no way i'd be letting khan get the benefits of working out with manny after getting shafted by his team.
              perhaps his team should focus on doing whats right for their fighter and stop using his fame to to try and climb into skank c-list celebrities knickers!

Comment

I'm tired of Khan vs Ariza or Khan's family. I can't wait to see if Mike Vale has what it takes to train like Ariza did, i guess we'll see the results after the fight. Mike Vale should be in the spotlight for replacing Ariza, and if khan loses just "if", blame it on Khan's Camp.

Comment

people who discredit ariza, or any conditioning coach, have no idea how integral a good camp is to a fighter's success. the quality of training program, conditioning, sparring, etc. is CRUCIAL.... for anyone who spars, they know how hard it is to maintain constant activity without getting gassed. the punch output that khan displayed against maidana was impressive... the kid needs to settle down a bit & not dance around when wobbled, but he did good.

the pairing of khan & pacquiao was excellent. the intermingling of top fighters in the gym at wildcard reminds me of kronk in detroit. when you stack the gym full of talent, they train together, and everyone naturally elevates their game.

i wonder if khan & ariza will negotiate again if khan does poorly.

Comment

Originally posted by Phil Ivey View Post
                    oh thought the title read Ariza is back working with Amir... Ariza is in love with Amir. "We went out, we hung out, we went to Amusement parks(random?)" LOL
                    i remember during the maidana fight, ariza kept saying "baby" to amir in between rounds (do it baby, you can do this baby), it prompted one of the SKY commentators to point it out lol. i mean that's fine and all when you buddy mcgirt, but this dude sounds so gay lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X