Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan-McCloskey: Ariza on The Fight, Working With Amir

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The breakdown may or may not have occured because of the family.

It happened because Roach used to pay Ariza out of what he was making, but Roach said he could not do this anymore and that Ariza would have to fend for himself.

Normally, i would've said huge mistake.

But his new trainer Vale, actually seems to be doing the right things from what I've seen. High oxygen training is the main technique. Its almost like blood doping, to give your red blood cells extra oxygen.

I'm not going to question Ariza or his techniques, but Vales organic diet for Amir is what a lot of top fighters are now doing. Hell, Bradleys a damned vegan!!!

Comment

Ariza has a big mouth sometimes coz he speaks from the heart. In this interview, he spoke from the heart and spoke fairly. Khan and his team seem to be in the wrong in this situation. They went through his personals and took contracts??? If that's true, then **** Khan's management and **** Khan! Even though Ariza is still nice enough to root for him, not me. Khan deserves to lose at least one bout and kill some of his marketability....call it karma!!

Comment

Originally posted by SpitBalla View Post
        The breakdown may or may not have occured because of the family.

It happened because Roach used to pay Ariza out of what he was making, but Roach said he could not do this anymore and that Ariza would have to fend for himself.

Normally, i would've said huge mistake.

But his new trainer Vale, actually seems to be doing the right things from what I've seen. High oxygen training is the main technique. Its almost like blood doping, to give your red blood cells extra oxygen.

I'm not going to question Ariza or his techniques, but Vales organic diet for Amir is what a lot of top fighters are now doing. Hell, Bradleys a damned vegan!!!
        Good to see Ariza dealing with the situation like a true professional and a friend. A change like that close to facing someone like Tim Bradley will hurt. I just hope Amir doesn't run out of gas or extra red blood cells.

In the words of Bob Arum, “I think Bradley is too tough a guy for Amir, that Khan has nothing to keep Bradley off of him,” Arum said. “Khan has nothing to hurt Bradley, while he’s getting constant pressure.”

Comment

Originally posted by Devils Advocate View Post
          Good to see Ariza dealing with the situation like a true professional and a friend. A change like that close to facing someone like Tim Bradley will hurt. I just hope Amir doesn't run out of gas or extra red blood cells.

In the words of Bob Arum, “I think Bradley is too tough a guy for Amir, that Khan has nothing to keep Bradley off of him,” Arum said. “Khan has nothing to hurt Bradley, while he’s getting constant pressure.
          Was that Arum before or after Khan beat Maidana.

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
            i remember during the maidana fight, ariza kept saying "baby" to amir in between rounds (do it baby, you can do this baby), it prompted one of the SKY commentators to point it out lol. i mean that's fine and all when you buddy mcgirt, but this dude sounds so gay lol.
            Gay-Shmay, I think all you guys are sickos. When I was growing up "gay' meant only "lighthearted" and that's the way I still use it....as it was meant to be used.

About Ariza;s "interview". Whoever called that an interview should be "shot". I never have read such drunken-sounding maudlin ramblings in my whole life. Ariza must have repeated each almost meaningless term at least 10-15 times each.

The whole "interview" could have been contained in one, concise paragraph.

My heavens, do publicly known people REALLY speak like that???

All his talent must be in his training, certainly not in "word-skills".

He really sounds like an "I ain't done nuttin to nobody..nowhow" sort of person.....worse.

I wonder how the interviewer was able to stand it. Very disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by SpitBalla View Post
              So basically his main technique is nothing more than a gimmick? With Ariza at least his main focus was on making the guys work their butts off, hard.

Well that and his special "shakes" of course.

Comment

ariza chatin bull ***** there hes the one who got greedy wantin more money i think and khan was a major talent long before him or roach got involved yes they helped but amir was always gona reach the level hes at now the prescot punch showed his chin wasnt no vitali chin but skill an speed even at 18 when he turned pro was p4p top 10 ***** khan probly beat anybody on his day if he keeps that chin tucked

Comment

khan will destroy bradley 100 per cent way over hyped yes hes beaten all hes fought but his chin aint iron and khans speed will have bradley in fits be over in 6

Comment

Originally posted by waxfondler View Post
                    people who discredit ariza, or any conditioning coach, have no idea how integral a good camp is to a fighter's success. the quality of training program, conditioning, sparring, etc. is CRUCIAL.... for anyone who spars, they know how hard it is to maintain constant activity without getting gassed. the punch output that khan displayed against maidana was impressive... the kid needs to settle down a bit & not dance around when wobbled, but he did good.

the pairing of khan & pacquiao was excellent. the intermingling of top fighters in the gym at wildcard reminds me of kronk in detroit. when you stack the gym full of talent, they train together, and everyone naturally elevates their game.

i wonder if khan & ariza will negotiate again if khan does poorly.
                    There are hundreds of qualified conditioning trainers, and dozens of top ones.

Comment

Working...
                    X