Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did Jermain Taylor lose to Pavlik & Abraham??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
    I want to see Pavlik Martinez 2.Kelly was coming on strong before the 2nd cut,and had taken many rds.
    I think Martinez would have won without the cut happening, but it really did change the fight. We can't know for certain.

Comment

Originally posted by KESSLER View Post
      Exactly Mark. Pavlik is a beast! Annoys me when people label fighters as bums after a couple of losses. He lost to Martinez, but it wasn't as one sided as most people like to think it was. Now the the Hopkins fight was one sided, but still I wouldn't count out Pavlik in future fights.
      And what does that say about Hopkins,which i am being battered for in another thread about him being a potential top ten all time fighter,people act like the past fighters would run over every one going i find it complete bollocks.

Comment

And what does that say about Hopkins,which i am being battered for in another thread about him being a potential top ten all time fighter,people act like the past fighters would run over every one going i find it complete bollocks.
        Dude, Hopkins has not done enough to even been considered a top ten all time fighter. Give it up. It's not about head to head matchups, Hopkins hasn't done anywhere near enough to be considered in the top ten, not even debatable.

Comment

Originally posted by Forza View Post
          Facing AA after a K.O loss was not a good decision, he hit even harder than pav. I would not like to see JT fight again, his brain could be in danger.
          Taylor should not bother coming back to boxing. He will only hurt himself, and his legacy. By legacy I mean the more he loses, the more people are probably gonna forget that this guy actually ended Hopkins' title defense streak, and beating him in the rematch. Granted, I had Hopkins winning the first fight, and the second was very close, but still.

Comment

I want to see Pavlik Martinez 2.Kelly was coming on strong before the 2nd cut,and had taken many rds.
            cut was caused by a punch tho

Comment

I Also hate it when people call Pavlik a bum

He was a damn good fighter

Comment

nah pavlik was C level at best

Comment

JT is a mental case in there...24 rounds with B.Hop can do that to young fighters....he seemed to second guess himself too much in the 2 fights with Pavlik...plus his stamina is about 6 rounds good...smh....Abe caught him AFTER Pavlik and Froch with his confidence at a alltime low....I mean I give Abe credit and all but lets not sugar coat that KO....it was a case where one fighter is feeling like a unbeaten king and the other was a beaten former king

JT can beat BOTH in rematches IMO if he can get his stamina and head on right

Comment

both those guys are tougher than hell and hit hard as **** and taylor does a lot of things good but nothing great and he has a some major flaws like backing str8t up with his bad defense. and dont be to down on pavlik he only has 2 losses, 1 to hopkins whos among the greatest of all time and the other one to martinez who also is a great fighter wasnt as 1 sided as everyone remembers the rounds that he lost did look bad but that string of rounds thet pavlik won looked like he was going to ko martinez.

Comment

He just got caught with some hard shots in fights he was doing fine in, let me point out that he was in a pretty even fight with AA even though he was done and off a ko loss proving even further how much of a club fighter AA is.

Comment

Working...
                      X