Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Marquez ducking Manny Pacquiao with this Goldenboy deal?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
    Good looking out Jrosales. I asked for links and you provided. Good stuff.

Comment

its coming in november

Comment

Right. Considering how he is at almost at the end of his career and his biggest payday would be with Pac....right.

I have a feeling this had something to do with Bob Arum and perhaps a few "negotiations" that Marquez didn't feel comfortable with.

Comment

Marquez is not ducking Pac.

If it was up to Marquez he would be fighting Pacquiao next not Mosley. Arum didn't want to go with Marquez because of his association with GB. Since Mosley left GB they went with him.

Its not fair that Marquez has no choice but to go to Top Rank to get the Pacquiao fight.

Comment

Originally posted by jrosales13 View Post
            Just because, you're vocal doesn't mean you really want to fight. One can huff and puff in front of media. But, you know who really wants the fight once negotiations take place.

It could be a Ray Leonard-Aaron Pryor situation.

Maybe the reason for that is that he didn't really wanted to fight Pac.

Again it could be a Ray Leonard-Aaron Pryor situation.

If that was truly the case, then we would of had 3 maybe even 4 fights by now between the 2.

How do you know that? Because, he's huffin and puffin in front of the media like Aaron Pryor use to do. But, once negotiations came around what happened?

Who says he doesn't want the fight? That's one big myth. How many times has Pac offered JMM a fight and it was JMM who turned down or asked for **** that he knew damn well were deal breakers?

i'd be saddened if JMM is using politics to avoid fighting pacquiao, although in reality, from where i stand and see JMM, as a fan, i don't see him trying to avoid anyone except menial fights.........
            I hope JMM sticks to his gun. Because, right now above 135 that fight is garbage. But, it's funny that people blame Pac for those fights not getting made. All because JMM likes to sell wolf tickets in front of the media.[/QUOTE]

man, i'm going to post down here, this is all chopped up, i don't know where to fit in my comments.

first off, right on, i like the banter, and i agree with some of what you're saying. i'm not going to go the pryor route, i dont' see it as something to compare?? dare i say?

i agree about the loud part and vocal part, not in every case does it mean something, could just be hot air, i get it, that is true. but there is a flip side to that coin, ya know, so we can't be all just one way about it, AND THAT IS WHY I LIKE YOUR RESPONSE, i get one way about things too to often sometimes.

as for the 3 and 4 fight, i think the negotiations and stubbornness of each guy and promoters have squashed it, or have a plan for the future, and we are not privy to it? it's all speculation from where we stand, sad to say.

and i agree about the fight being above 135..............

i still feel that what i said has some relevance and isnt just hot air, but i will give it to you jrosales13, you came with both gunz a blazin, mucho respect!!!!

oh, and the deal breakers, those go both ways too, negotiations have to be one of the most ****ed up part about boxing.....

they should make a show just on the " fight before the fight " in the negotiation rooms, it's just too bad that would expose too much of the underbelly for peoples liking of boxing.

good post 13, good points.

Comment

Originally posted by cupocity303 View Post

Ouch, good find.

Just from that, a thread like this could've been made then.

So he didn't want a 50-50 split and asked for additional drug testing, according to those sources? He Mayweathered his way out of the fight then, pretty much. No wonder, he is eager to resign with GBP.
              Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
              Good looking out Jrosales. I asked for links and you provided. Good stuff.
              That's why I never understood the criticism Pac gets for JMM. I understand and agree with some other criticism Pac gets. But, I never understood how the myth of Pac not wanting to fight JMM started?

Especially when you consider it was always JMM who turned it down or just pretty much made it impossible to make.

It wasn't Pac who turned down an immediate rematch for 750k to fight in Indonesia for 35k.

It was JMM who demanded something that killed the Pac-Floyd fight. Pretty much killing a trilogy fight with Pac.

If JMM really wanted to fight Pac. They would have had 3 or 4 fights by now. But, for some reason JMM keeps coming up with stuff to make sure they don't fight.

It is, what it is I guess.

But, it's funny that Pac or even Arum gets blame for this. However, nobody really points the finger at JMM.

Comment

Originally posted by koolttt View Post
                Marquez is not ducking Pac.

If it was up to Marquez he would be fighting Pacquiao next not Mosley. Arum didn't want to go with Marquez because of his association with GB. Since Mosley left GB they went with him.

Its not fair that Marquez has no choice but to go to Top Rank to get the Pacquiao fight.
                It was up to JMM to fight Pac on 2 other occasions. And, it was JMM fault the fights didn't take place.

Comment

Originally posted by cupocity303 View Post
                  He acted like he wanted Pacquiao bad when all indications were that he wasn't going to get it.

Recently Bob Arum started entertaining the idea of Marquez in November, after Mosley, and Marquez goes and says that the public isn't interested in that fight?

WTF??? If the Mayweather fight isn't going down, this is the next best thing.
                  I don't think Marquez is ducking.
                  Don't lose all hope. Looks like Floyd might be broke and may fight later on.

Comment

Or maybe gb gave him a offer he couldn't refuse. Maybe he getting something on the back end.

Comment

for the guy who started this thread let true boxing fans answer this because u and the others who say marquez is ducking are just nutriders, and also how in the hell is marquez ducking pac now when he has chased pac all over and pac has said that he isnt interested in that fight, pac has ducked marquez for the longest time and true boxing fans know that but you guys trying to make excuses to save ur man, pac speaks english and knows what he says so dont act like he doesnt he already said that he isnt interested in a marquez trilogy

Comment

Working...
                      X