Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Jr. is Blasted By The IRS, $3.4 Million Tax Bill

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "the fans don't pay my bills"

"nor do i..".

Comment

• Seriously, hasn't he learnt his lesson from the first time, what makes him think he'll get away with it now?

Stuff like this is not going present him well when he has his trial.
      Last edited by Slick_Rick; 04-02-2011, 08:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by waxfondler View Post
        "its called playing the game".... HAHAH priceless. typical of a floyd fanboy to praise delinquency.

the sports world is full of successful african american athletes... only a handful arent grown-up enough to handle business like an adult. if he really was playing the "game" well, he wouldnt be getting pursued by the IRS... i guess wesley snipes is a master of the "game" too... tax evasion is for the BIG BOYS. LOL. clearly floyd cant stack his chips without getting caught.

so you guys cant play the victim card on this one... this is pure FAIL.

mayweathers are the one's choosing not to fight twice a year since they dont want to lose more money to taxes (on record). so apparently, money IS an issue & it doesnt flow like wine like they want us to believe.

time to write up that tune-up bout for lil floyd
        I didn't really get your point there, or your use of the words "delinquency" and "victim"?

You think that Mayweather has unresolved tax issues because he is just fuking with the IRS?

Surely not?

Mayweather either.....
        * cannot afford to pay the 3mil
        * is playing the system, like any good accountant would recommend

Tax "avoidence", as opposed to "evasion", is a booming trade my friend, only a handful of lawyers are smart/connected enough to bury the wealth/income/assets of your nations top oligarch's behind hundreds of trusts/foundations/fronts..... obviously not referring to Mayweather there, but you get my point?

You really think that he just " forgot " ?

Come on.

Comment

• Originally posted by SpitBalla View Post
          One has to pay interest on tax debt, no one chooses not to pay their taxes, that's ******ed.

We already knew Floyd was broke. He has to borrow money to pay for one of his cars. Apparently he has to make huge payments in just interest. And now he's selling his maybach.

The thing people are forgetting is that realistically Floyd ain't going to fight until he finds if he's going to prison for potentially 34 years. The guys pretty much screwed.
          Rubbish, they compromise and settle on a feasible number, just like they did last time with Mayweather, and just like my government recently did with David Tua.

Any creditor is well-aware that if they wind you up, they likely take a loss, and definitely burn any potential for future earnings. The "loss" does not apply to the IRS, but his "future earnings" certainly do.

Comment

• FLoyd will fight a tune up and if the tune up wouldnt make him a lot of money he has no choice but to fight Pac for 40% of the purse or even less. its a win win situation for Pac. even if FLoyd makes $10M against Spafadora, it would leave him just more than a million dollars after taxes, promoters and trainers cut plus what he owes from IRS. and probably FLoyd owe IRS from Mosley fight too. if he hasnt paid the Marquez fight, i doubt he already paid the Mosley fight.
            Last edited by joelab75; 04-02-2011, 08:44 PM.

Comment

• Good!!! just a fight with Pac will solve all his financial burdens! I hope more money matter problems will come on his way to indulge him fighting Pac soonest!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by joelab75 View Post
                FLoyd will fight a tune up and if the tune up wouldnt make him a lot of money he has no choice but to fight Pac for 40% of the purse or even less. its a win win situation for Pac. even if FLoyd makes $10M against Spafadora, it would leave him just more than a million dollars after taxes, promoters and trainers cut plus what he owes from IRS. and probably FLoyd owe IRS from Mosley fight too. if he hasnt paid the Marquez fight, i doubt he already paid the Mosley fight.
                So now, Mayweather will accept 40% for a fight with Pac ?

Comment

• Originally posted by LeadUppercut View Post
                  So now, Mayweather will accept 40% for a fight with Pac ?
                  I swear some of these people are the dumbest people in the world. Why would Mayweather accept less? I don't know why I continue to come to this site.

Comment

• Originally posted by joelab75 View Post
                    FLoyd will fight a tune up and if the tune up wouldnt make him a lot of money he has no choice but to fight Pac for 40% of the purse or even less. its a win win situation for Pac. even if FLoyd makes $10M against Spafadora, it would leave him just more than a million dollars after taxes, promoters and trainers cut plus what he owes from IRS. and probably FLoyd owe IRS from Mosley fight too. if he hasnt paid the Marquez fight, i doubt he already paid the Mosley fight.
                    if floyd and manny fight each other. the purse will be split in 50/50.

Comment

• LOL, there goes the "If You Have Mayweathers Money" thread.

Comment

Working...
                      X