Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Jr. is Blasted By The IRS, $3.4 Million Tax Bill

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flint View Post
    floyd does **** like this on purpose. he'll write the check and grin. this is how he promotes himself. the haters will talk but they'll also be tuning in when he whips pacquiaos ass. (EASY WORK) for the natural p4p king and undefeated fighter of the decade floyd "money" mayweather jr.
    Yes. Floyd wants to imitate Iron Mike's life and eventually get his reality show with da pigeons.
    Should Floyd's next opponent wear earpieces just in case?

Come on Floyd. Get in and FIGHT...

Comment

...even this, he still aint going to fight paquiao...floyd vs sppady coming soon.......

Comment

5 legitimate reasons why celebrities bungle their taxes

3. Erratic pay cycles and windfalls

I know it seems like a great thing to take home a million-dollar plus paycheck for singing a song, starring in a TV show or making a movie. And I'm sure the financial perks and other benefits of stardom aren't lost on celebrities. But think for a moment about what it must be like to get one or two big checks a year (either lump sums, advances or royalties) and then have to manage that money wisely all year long, maybe not knowing when the next check will come in.

Most people in the U.S. are wage earners who get regular checks once a week or once every two weeks. Some employees, like teachers, might get paid once a month. But overall, the average person who's working can count on a pretty steady pay cycle.

That's not the case for celebrities. Sure, they get their paydays – big ones, in fact. But when they get paid it's like receiving a huge financial windfall. And we all know what happens with most windfalls. People tend to blow the money.

But let's not bash celebs for that, because that would be a case of the pot calling the kettle black. Right now, millions of Americans are getting their own version of a financial windfall – in the form of an income tax refund check from the IRS. The average tax refund check is more than $3,100. But I ask you: how many people will blow that money, spending it on all manner of things? More than a few, I can assure you. Same thing happens with lottery winners who get millions.

My point is that the average American is sorely lacking in money-management skills and basic financial literacy. That's why, when most people do come into a chunk of money, it tends to get squandered. So why should we expect celebrities to do any different? Simply because their checks are bigger? It doesn't work that way. Their expenses are bigger too; in many cases, way bigger than most people can imagine.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/422376...s-tax_tactics/

Comment

Originally posted by SuperTrooper View Post
          I wouldn't be suprised if the IRS send him another tax bill for his sports bet winnings.
          the winning can and most likely are offset by the loses, unless floyd is one of the best sports betters ever and has a winning record above 80%.......

all loses in gambling are tax deductible........i know that for a fact because i work in the gaming industry.........

Comment

Ghetto ass fool. THAT WHAT HE GETS FOR BEING SUCH A SHOW OFF.

Comment

Originally posted by VWEBBJR View Post
              I'm trying to figure how 3 million in owed taxes is going to make him fight again?
              me to...I think thats smoking paper for Floyd....you know, money to burn....dude still need to pay his **** though and keep those boys up off him and outta his pockets....this is not a good look for him...he's looking like a clown right now with ALL this drama and backed up debts....this is not a good look at all!!

Comment

Originally posted by flint View Post
                floyd does **** like this on purpose. he'll write the check and grin. this is how he promotes himself. the haters will talk but they'll also be tuning in when he whips pacquiaos ass. (EASY WORK) for the natural p4p king and undefeated fighter of the decade floyd "money" mayweather jr.
                ^^^^^ This guy must b the biggest maynever F*** hoe of the face of this earth..

Comment

Seriously.. How rich is Mayweather? For how long he will keep up that lifestyle of his ?

Comment

The mofo brags about having so much money while living on IRS credit. Damn, he has all kinds of financial obligations coming his way: the lawsuit (he'll more likely be paying a hige sum), the battery charge (baby mama will want at least 7 figures), assault charge (out of court settlement for the poor security guard), lawyer fees (ouch!), IRS (3.5 smackaroons), and I won't be surprised if he's also losing on gambling (which I believe is the biggest bill of all listed). LOL

Comment

When it rains, it pours.

Comment

Working...
                      X