Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Margarito: My Punches Are What Really Stopped Cotto

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm Puerto Rican and was rooting for Cotto (and will again in the rematch). HOWEVER, plaster or no plaster, Cotto would've still lost the first fight. Cotto fought the wrong fight the first time around. Where were his body punches? Why was he constantly leaning against the ropes? Cotto was having his way during the first half of the fight landing the face shots but rarely punched the body. Marg' is/was known for having an iron chin. I do think Cotto wins the rematch, if he doesn't (since Mosely and Pac have softened him up) then it's time to hang them up!

Comment

Duh somebody give this idioy a book what else you going to hit him with but you forgot to say cheato that your punches were helped by cement

Comment

I think I'm gonna have take a trip to Vegas for this one if its out there. Arum mentioned Jersey as another place to do it at but idk, I think this will be done at the MGM again.
        Last edited by King Ju-Ju; 04-02-2011, 09:42 AM.

Comment

i dunno why cotto wouldn't take this fight.

1) he gets revenge
          2) margo is way more shot than cotto is
          3) cotto will get a good payday

it's a win-win situation for cotto.... unless he is scared.

Comment

Nobody except Texas will give this criminal a license. Margarito should be snaking toilets in TJ.

Comment

Originally posted by Pullcounter View Post
              i dunno why cotto wouldn't take this fight.

1) he gets revenge
              2) margo is way more shot than cotto is
              3) cotto will get a good payday

it's a win-win situation for cotto.... unless he is scared.
              Margarito is more shot than Cotto is and Cotto still can't look him in the eye at the podium. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
                Margarito is more shot than Cotto is and Cotto still can't look him in the eye at the podium. Lol.
                How is Margarito more shot than Cotto?

Cotto got beaten by plaster and beaten down by Pacquaio.

Margarito got KTFO out by Shane (no plaster) and beaten down by Pacquaio.

Margarito is simply less talented and it showed in his last few plasterless fights.

Cotto has no respect for Margarito and was trying to be decent. Why would he need to sit there and admire a cheater acting as if he is a factor in the sport without his wraps?

Comment

Originally posted by Iceta Lives View Post
                  Cotto is so shook that he went to Pac Margarito trying to fight the winner and has said that he is open to fighting both again.

Comment

Sure, "My punches are what really stopped Cotto" but I forgot to mention that they were full with plaster too.

Comment

no.. really? I thought it was his beard

Comment

Working...
                      X