Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whose life would you rather watch a movie about...tyson or the klitschkos?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Klitschko2011 View Post
    Lewis was coming off the KO win over Tyson. In the Lewis-Tyson post fight interview Lewis stated "I'm like fine wine, I get better with age"

In an interview right before the Vitali fight, Lewis said "I'm at the peak of my powers, I will keep fighting for many more years"

Vitali dominated Lewis and scared him into retirement. That's a FACT.
    Not only that, he said that now that Sanders has taken his "breakfast" he'll eat the other Klitschko for his lunch. Remember the big thing he always made of ..."One klitschko for breakfast, the other for lunch....." I recall the interview very well, he was quite sickening, so swollen up with self importance. Recall how he said that he belonged to the whole world, the world champion because he'd fought in several different countries etc....such crap, suitable fro such an uneducated, boastful ignoramus.

And much more, he was on about himself for about 15 minutes I think. I used to LIKE Lewis until that interview, when I saw what he really was.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
      the reason i made the thread was i read they were making a klitschko movie.im like why?.i said on another thread that no one cares about dogooder stuff.bad news sells...i stated in that thread that no one would read a story about how wlad walked an old lady across the street but how everyone would read a story about tyson punching out a cop...really the klischkos are good humanitarians there is no denying that but is a movie going to be be intriguing & a must see? i used tyson as the other example of bad news & i came up with the idea of this thread.what movie would you rather watch.a tyson movie or a klit movie...most headline news articles are of a negative nature while most good storys get a little write up...when tyson was at his peak the media worldwide watched his every move but that cant be said about the klits...people liked to be shocked & tyson shocked people with his unpredictable lifestyle which made for better stories...am i wrong?
      It's much more complicated than that. The Fighter is a very good film because of all the family dramas and because Ward had success in the end against all the odds (as well as because of brilliant direction and excellent acting). It's a similar story with the greatest boxing film ever made (IMO), Raging Bull. Lots of interesting drama in LaMotta's life and in the ring, and success against the odds, plus one of the greatest directors in film history directing it and one of the greatest actors of all time acting the lead role. Plus the New York Italian-American (or Irish-American, in the case of Ward) back story adds interest to it as well.

Neither Ward nor LaMotta were blessed with great talent, just with great heart and interesting personalities and back stories.

Tyson's life story was quite interesting up to the age of 21 but was boring as hell from then on - he just became a self-centred, narcissistic idiot who threw away everything he had despite being given all the chances and all the talent in the world. There's nothing in his story or his relationships after that that would make a feature film interesting.

The K bros' story is a pretty uneventful rise to the top with a few setbacks early on but no real drama and no really interesting relationships.

Neither Tyson nor the K bros really had success against the odds - the odds were stacked heavily in their favour. In Tyson's case, he eventually had failure against the odds. And when someone lucky enough to be supremely talented blows his talent and blows a huge fortune, that isn't great drama, it's just pathetic.

A great fighter's life story does not necessarily make for a great feature film, and it's much more complicated than just bad news outselling good news. Gandhi was a very good film but he was as close to being a saint as anyone in the last century, so your analysis is far too simplistic.
      Last edited by Dave Rado; 03-31-2011, 08:47 PM.

Comment

I must say that although I class Tyson's fighting capability amongst the top 10 ever, at his peak, maybe even higher, and admired it very much, I would prefer to see a film, a GENUINE, FACTUAL film about the Klitschko's.

Their achievements OUTSIDE the ring seem so varied that I'm certain that I don't know a hundreth of what they actually do, and how they came to do whatever it is....etc.

In other words the whole unfolding , step by step, of two extremely and unlikely, unusual lives.

As for Tyson's life story, I haven't seen it, nor do I want to. I hate sordid tales, and there are SO MANY, in this 21st century, when ALL that sort of thing should have been left in the Middle Ages, or by the latest, the 19th Century. i NEVER go to these harrowing, soul-wrenching movies, nor read that sort of book, except in the form of a classic.

I've already seen a lot more of that sort of thing than I've ever wanted to.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
          Theres already been a ton of films about Tyson's life
          Documentaries, but not feature films. But IMO his story isn't remotely interesting enough to make a good feature film.

Comment

Tyson, even there was already an HBO movie done as well as a documentary. I find more interesting than 'I grew up in Soviet Ukraine and I was poor. But I fight. No pain NO PAIN.'

Comment

I don't like the Klits, but come on.

Who's movie would you rather watch, Mike Tyson or any boxer of your choice.

Comment

Tyson without any question. If I wanted to watch a film with a Klit on show, it wouldn't be a boxing type of Klit that's for sure.

Furthermore, what I would give to see a thread on these forums where we could all post what posters we hated the most on boxingscene. It would be the greatest an funniest thread on any forum.

Hahaha I could just imagine it right now. There would be absolute carnage!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pessimistic View Post
                  Tyson, even there was already an HBO movie done as well as a documentary. I find more interesting than 'I grew up in Soviet Ukraine and I was poor. But I fight. No pain NO PAIN.'
                  But " I grew up in brooklyn in the ****** and I was poor. But I fight. No pain, only pidgeons! "

tard

Comment

i've seen dozens of tysons docs, and honestly, i don't think i'll ever get tired of tuning into watching another film about him, especially a feature film. i would watch both films if they were made, but i'd watch tyson's first...

Comment

I rather watch a movie on Tyson before any other boxer...outside of maybe Ali

Comment

Working...
                      X