Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Won Pac-Bradley? Post fight discussion STOP MAKING NEW THREADS ABOUT THIS FIGHT.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It doesn't matter what he does against Bradley. He should never have been ranked #1 in the first place and the only way that he should ever be able to get there is by beating Floyd. Beating Bradley is no big feat. Bradley struggled to beat guys like Junior Witter and Kendall Holt so it's obvious that he's not even close to Floyd's level. I'm more than sure Marquez would beat Bradley if they fought. Right now Manny should be rated #3 pound for pound behind JMM.

Comment

• I don't recall him ever being in the #1 spot.

Comment

• Reclaim? The man was only ever P4P #1 when Floyd was retired.

Comment

• Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
          Im not over looking Bradley , Im looking at this fight in that Bradley is not proven in this class , doesnt mean for a second Im saying he is not in it , just that he hasnt proven to me that he is in it , I see things wrong with him that might make the wheels fall if you raise the class off opponent above the Witters and Holts , he may also rise to it , if I " had " to bet my life on it I would think Tim is not at this level , Id like to see him beat Manny just to shut the fanatics up , but I dont want anybody to ruin the Floyd Pac fight which I think is a still a big possibility because the money is to large for anybody to walk away from , Roach has even mentioned to get 50/50 he must look good in this , I really think this fight is to spear Pac into the Floyd fight with some negotiating power on the money side .

The other side of this fight for me is that I dont think Pac is as good as his hype , but I think he is better than Tim and at the weight better but with a lot more power .

I see this 2 ways , if Tim wins they gunna say Pac got old , if Pac wins they gunna say he beat a young lion which is what they are trying to make Tim out to be already to pump up Manny , its an interesting fight with some interesting opinions on it , if Tim uses his brain and boxes very smart he has a chance although its hard to see him getting a decision , if he comes out swinging he will get caught , nothing in this would really surprise me .
          See, what I'm not getting is this level that Pacman is on that you speak of. This (Elite) level. Pacman's elite welterweight status really isn't that damn impressive. Certainly not more impressive than Bradley's jr welterweight run, not at all. I think that you're just a Floyd fan hating on Pacman finally taking on a legit fighter.

Cause Bradley is legit, proven & better than every fighter Pacman faced above 130, (especially at the time Pacman faced them, weight stipulations included).

Comment

• Originally posted by Pretty Boy32 View Post
            Reclaim? The man was only ever P4P #1 when Floyd was retired.
            people forget Manny Pacquaio got the number one spot in the first place by default because Mayweather retired.

It doesnt matter what he does against Bradley, he has to beat Mayweather to earn being the number one pound for pound fighter. Mayweather has been a top pound for pound fighter years before anyone even heard of Manny Pacquiao so beating Bradley does nothing in that sense.

Comment

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
              people forget Manny Pacquaio got the number one spot in the first place by default because Mayweather retired.

It doesnt matter what he does against Bradley, he has to beat Mayweather to earn being the number one pound for pound fighter. Mayweather has been a top pound for pound fighter years before anyone even heard of Manny Pacquiao so beating Bradley does nothing in that sense.
              Exactly and even then he shouldn't have got it because Marquez clearly beat him in their 2nd fight. If there hadn't been corruption involved in the judging of that fight, then Marquez would have been the p4p #1 when Mayweather returned and more than likely, nobody would even be talking about Manny Pacquiao. After that all he did was beat two dead men walking who were drained and mentally ruined in Oscar De La Hoya and Ricky Hatton with some nobody called David Diaz sandwiched in between. People want to talk about him beating Barrera and Morales twice each but Junior Jones also beat Barrera twice and when Pacquiao beat Morales he had just been completely dominated by Zahir Raheem, losing every single round. So at least in my opinion those wins are highly overrated.
              Last edited by JK1700; 06-05-2012, 07:06 AM.

Comment

• I love when posters say "if you think this or that your a moron, yet they don't provide any facts or opinion as to why your opinion is moronic.

Bradley is a better technical boxer than Pac.
                That statement does not take away from Pac's wins ( catch weight, timing and match ups do that well enough)
                Its simply saying Bradley will outbox, adapt and out think his opponent.

While Manny will use his speed, power and angles, and is willing to trade and overwhelm his opponents due to the fact he has a power and chin advantage over most opp.

If your gonna say Manny is a "better" boxer then please cite a fight where he outboxed his opponent.

Comment

• Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
                  Exactly and even then he shouldn't have got it because Marquez clearly beat him in their 2nd fight. If there hadn't been corruption involved in the judging of that fight, then Marquez would have been the p4p #1 when Mayweather returned and more than likely, nobody would even be talking about Manny Pacquiao. After that all he did was beat two dead men walking who were drained and mentally ruined in Oscar De La Hoya and Ricky Hatton with some nobody called David Diaz sandwiched in between. People want to talk about him beating Barrera and Morales twice each but Junior Jones also beat Barrera twice and when Pacquiao beat Morales he had just been completely dominated by Zahir Raheem, losing every single round. So at least in my opinion those wins are highly overrated.
                  yeah they are great wins but a little overrated.

its not who you beat but when you beat them

He already lost to past prime Morales. whom some were saying was on the slide since fights with In Jin Chi and Guty Espades....in the 2nd fight Morales struggled to make the weight and already lost to Zahir Raheem before losing to Pacquaio next.....piss poor timing

Barrera in his prime lost twice to junior Jones, by the time he was 29 with 50 fights he was fighting Pacquaio....after wars with Morales, McKinney, and other tough fights, he wasnt the same fighter he was from 1998-2001 and anyone who says otherwise dont know much about how taking punishment affects a fighter

two big wins but its not like both guys were in their prime

Comment

• Win a close war in a competitive FOTY candidate.

If he ko's Bradley within 5 people will call Timmy a hypejob. If he's unimpressive people will say he's washed up. Boxing is funny like that sometimes.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      Alexander was supposed to be unbeatable, the next Mayweather. He was twice as fast as Bradley and threw very straight punches....what happened there?
                      The Kotelnik fight happened...

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      Abregu was supposed to KO Bradley because he was much bigger and had power.
                      LOL get the fuck outta here with that revisionist BS. People were actually criticizing Bradley for taking on a B level fighter.

Originally posted by J Dubb II 330 View Post
                      I love when posters say "if you think this or that your a moron, yet they don't provide any facts or opinion as to why your opinion is moronic.

Bradley is a better technical boxer than Pac.
                      That statement does not take away from Pac's wins ( catch weight, timing and match ups do that well enough)
                      Its simply saying Bradley will outbox, adapt and out think his opponent.

While Manny will use his speed, power and angles, and is willing to trade and overwhelm his opponents due to the fact he has a power and chin advantage over most opp.

If your gonna say Manny is a "better" boxer then please cite a fight where he outboxed his opponent.
                      Pac vs Margarito. It wasn't traditional boxing but it was punching and moving.

Comment

Working...
                      X