Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who Won Pac-Bradley? Post fight discussion STOP MAKING NEW THREADS ABOUT THIS FIGHT.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by larryx2013 View Post
    neither are ducking the other but Floyd is trying to boss Mannys ass cause he knows this fight will do HUGE numbers fight should be 50/50
    I would be fine with 50-50 too if they could agree on it. But if the total revenue based on PPV and Box Office per fight shows Floyd makes that much more, than I have no problem with him asking for 55-45, 52-48, or even 60-40 if that's what the numbers show.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Fantastic View Post
      I highly highly doubt Pac is getting 6 mil dollars.
      It's possible, if Bob guarantees 6 million, then 60-80% of the PPV and Gate on top of that. I can see PAC clearing over 15-20 million.

Comment

• Originally posted by pacfan View Post
        if you take an offer from a guy who will make three times more, you must be ******. pacman is the megastar of boxing today, not a boring boxer like mayweather whom fans want to see lose in all of his fights. you don't accept offers from employees if you are the employer.

man, where are all these dumb posters coming from?

Apparently they're coming from pacland. Try and comprehend this simple concept simpleton, IF YOU'RE NOT THE HIGHEST EARNING BOXER, THEN YOU'RE NOT THE MEGASTAR YOU THING YOU ARE. Mayweather is boring? No, only *******s get bored while watching Floyd BOX, it's called BOXING for a reason. If this sport was called " Jab, Jab, Straight Right" Then manny would be the kind of the throne.

Comment

neither are ducking the other but Floyd is trying to boss Mannys ass cause he knows this fight will do HUGE numbers fight should be 50/50
          Totally agreed. I still think the fight should be 50-50. Both sides have done so much promoting for this fight (even though it may not all have been on purpose). Every fight they basically promote each others fight. The fight is a HUGE ppv! They both would make a great payday. I just hope we don't get another Hopkins-Jones Jr scenario

Comment

• Originally posted by PACnPBFsuck View Post
            It's possible, if Bob guarantees 6 million, then 60-80% of the PPV and Gate on top of that. I can see PAC clearing over 15-20 million.
            Now Compare that to Floyd's 50 mill (MINIMUM) he just earned from the cotto fight, manny is giving up bargaining power.

Comment

• Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
              I would be fine with 50-50 too if they could agree on it. But if the total revenue based on PPV and Box Office per fight shows Floyd makes that much more, than I have no problem with him asking for 55-45, 52-48, or even 60-40 if that's what the numbers show.
              only thing is Floyd agrred to 50/50 3 years ago..............BUT Manny opened his mouth and said he would take less for the fans so Floyd ran with it.BUT a flat 40 million and no ppv is str8 bull**** only a idiot would agree with that

Comment

• Does anyone know of a good source for actual ppvs sold? So not something that was released by Bob Arum but I mean HBO releasing numbers

Comment

only thing is Floyd agrred to 50/50 3 years ago..............BUT Manny opened his mouth and said he would take less for the fans so Floyd ran with it.BUT a flat 40 million and no ppv is str8 bull**** only a idiot would agree with that
                  40 Million guarantee, 20 million in 48 hours then 40% of PPV revenue to Manny. He'll bring home 60-70 Million for the fight , EASILY! well that's before Arum gets his sticky fingers on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by treason1 View Post
                    its been clearifed over and over !!!! that manny isnt acctually getting 6 mill its more like 26 mill !!!! but floydo***uals keep spewing the same nonsense !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    of course floyd said so.. They are just being like their idol... I remember when these guys were on about the 75k nike contract of manny because Floyd said so.

Comment

But Floyd is offereing 60-40, accoridng to Larry Merchant post fight question to Floyd after the Cotto fight. Floyd's stance may have changed since the first negotiations in December 2009/January 2010 because he's seen that he sold more with Mosley and Cotto since then, and sold more with Ortiz than Pac sold with Margarito. I don't know, we'd have to ask him, Haymon, or Ellerbe. I have no problem with Schaefer's idea about adding up the PPV and Box Office revenue of both once they became mega-stars, doing it per fight, and seeing how it should be broken down. If I had it my way, every fight would be that way for PPV fights. I say go by the numbers. But if they both agreed to 50-50, that's fine too. But at the same time, I understand Floyd not wanting to go 50-50 with a guy that has proven to not generat quite as much revenue, or so it seems.

I doubt Bob Arum will let anyone near his books, seeing as we don't know really actually know what Pac sold with Shane and Marquez. We don't know with Ortiz, but HBO did say the Ortiz did well over 1 million, than we heard the 1.25 million number from Golden Boy.

When the Mosley numbers were being added up, we heard it would be 1.2 million, but then Arum said it was 1.3 million, and than we heard 1.35 million or whatever. And when the Marquez fight was being added up, we heard it would be 1.2 million, but then Arum said it did 1.45 million. Most are skeptical about what those numbers really are.

Either way, I don't care. I've given up on the fight happening anyway.
                      Last edited by 4Corners; 05-18-2012, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X