Clear All

Originally posted by Rassclot View Post
    Who are the top 5?

Ali

Louis

Frazier

Holmes

Marciano?

Okay, Vitali would hammerfist Marciano into the ground in rd 1.

At 6'1, 205 lbs soaking wet. Frazier gets pounded in rd 2.

Foreman is basically a smaller version of Vitali. Vitali is bigger, has better stamina, defense and a better chin. This is a guy that got dropped by Ron Lyle and 1 punched by feather fisted Ali in his prime. Vitali by KO in a savage beating.

Joe Louis gets hammered. Too chinny for Vitali.

Ali is the only one that stands a chance because he runs. Vitali by UD.
    One more thing about Foreman.. Vitali IS so much more skilled a boxer..just a different fighter overall. Foreman is pretty much a slugger & just cuts off the ring. Vitali..much more versatile.. although the KO results are what they have in common.

Comment

Originally posted by SlickTurtle View Post
      I agree he can compete with former greats..

but, he doesn't have **** on his resume

His greatest accomplishment is losing to Lennox Lewis

I'm a big fan of Vitali and I agree that he would be competitive in any era.

Anybody pissed off about what I'm about to say can search my posts, but what I highlighted is the cold, hard truth and there's nothing he's ever going to be able to do about it.

Comment

He is a pretty awesome fighter and though he has a couple losses no one has really proven they were the better fighter against him.

Comment

Originally posted by AndrewDobson View Post
          @ jimmey - and VitALI had only a week to train for it too right ?
          Yes..both Lewis & Vitali had about 10 days to train for each other & perhaps that explains the sloppy nature of there fight. Seemed like they were mostly winging it for long stretches of the fight. ALL BS.. aside this is ALWAYS the fight that we were going to get no matter what version of Lewis showed up. It would've just been a more structured fight if both had a full training camp knowing they'd be each others opposition.

Comment

Vitali will go down as a top 10 ATG heavy weight. Gotta admit he would beat a prime marciano with ease.

Vitali would give any great a hard fight, and he is probably the greatest white heavy weight of all time ( sorry marciano )

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy1569 View Post
              Top 10 Vitali Klitschko Heavyweight Records

1. Only man to KO his first 27 opponents.

2. Needed the least amount of rds (57) to win a heavyweight belt (WBO)

3. Highest Career KO% In history 39 ko's in 44 fights = 88.64%

4. Only man to have his ONLY 2 defeats due to controversial injury stoppages while well ahead of both guys that beat him. He won 12 of the 15 rds (80%)
              fought in those incomplete fights on ALL judges scorecards. Could easily be 50 -0 & have the best winning % of alltime but injuries also caused him to take a nearly 4 yr layoff & stall his career.

5. Only professional kickboxing champ to later on become heavyweight champ.
              5a. Only man never to go down to the canvas this long into his title reigns.

6. Has fought 209 rds in 44 fights & has NOT lost more than an equivalent of an entire fight (12 rds) in his ENTIRE career on judges scorecards..even when he lost he won 80% of those rds before succumbing to injury.
              6a) For those of us that are math challenged that's a scorecard being read in his favor more than 94% of the time. He loses 1 out of every 17-18 rds he fights.

7) OnLY man never to throw less punches than his opponents in EACH & every one of his fights.

8) Only man to throw more punches than his opponents in each & every one of his fights.

9) His punches landed to given ratio is by far the biggest discrepancy in heavyweight history. Translation.... the punches landed on his opponent.. compared to the punches landed on him is far greater than any other heavie's offense/defense ratio.... MJ in basketball is the most dominANT in Nba history just for an example of offensive to defensive transition.

10) Only man his size 6 ft 8 250 lbs that has achieved this type of dominance.. This means....with his combination of size..skills.. talent & strength... he'll always be the favorite in a head to head matchup with ANY fighter in boxing history.. Highest BER (Boxer Efficiency RATING) IN heavyweight history by far.

In closing.. for one fighter to have this much dominance over his peers & to have the BEST numbers in heavyweight history but NOT be considered as one of the very best when he's actually been the very best & most dominant heavyweight is beyond me. His Boxing PER is so far greater than anyone elses it's not even funny
              LOL! Getting his face cut open by punches is not a controversy. Quiting on his stool is no controversy either. Even AUDLEY HARRISON fought 10 rounds with a dislocated shoulder.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy1569 View Post
                Top 10 Vitali Klitschko Heavyweight Records

1. Only man to KO his first 27 opponents.

2. Needed the least amount of rds (57) to win a heavyweight belt (WBO)

3. Highest Career KO% In history 39 ko's in 44 fights = 88.64%

4. Only man to have his ONLY 2 defeats due to controversial injury stoppages while well ahead of both guys that beat him. He won 12 of the 15 rds (80%)
                fought in those incomplete fights on ALL judges scorecards. Could easily be 50 -0 & have the best winning % of alltime but injuries also caused him to take a nearly 4 yr layoff & stall his career.

5. Only professional kickboxing champ to later on become heavyweight champ.
                5a. Only man never to go down to the canvas this long into his title reigns.

6. Has fought 209 rds in 44 fights & has NOT lost more than an equivalent of an entire fight (12 rds) in his ENTIRE career on judges scorecards..even when he lost he won 80% of those rds before succumbing to injury.
                6a) For those of us that are math challenged that's a scorecard being read in his favor more than 94% of the time. He loses 1 out of every 17-18 rds he fights.

7) OnLY man never to throw less punches than his opponents in EACH & every one of his fights.

8) Only man to throw more punches than his opponents in each & every one of his fights.

9) His punches landed to given ratio is by far the biggest discrepancy in heavyweight history. Translation.... the punches landed on his opponent.. compared to the punches landed on him is far greater than any other heavie's offense/defense ratio.... MJ in basketball is the most dominANT in Nba history just for an example of offensive to defensive transition.

10) Only man his size 6 ft 8 250 lbs that has achieved this type of dominance.. This means....with his combination of size..skills.. talent & strength... he'll always be the favorite in a head to head matchup with ANY fighter in boxing history.. Highest BER (Boxer Efficiency RATING) IN heavyweight history by far.

In closing.. for one fighter to have this much dominance over his peers & to have the BEST numbers in heavyweight history but NOT be considered as one of the very best when he's actually been the very best & most dominant heavyweight is beyond me. His Boxing PER is so far greater than anyone elses it's not even funny

Comment

valero is dead so technically vitali is the only one to K.O 27 first in a row

Comment

Originally posted by lefthook2daliva View Post
                    I'm a big fan of Vitali and I agree that he would be competitive in any era.

Anybody pissed off about what I'm about to say can search my posts, but what I highlighted is the cold, hard truth and there's nothing he's ever going to be able to do about it.
                    If you were a big fan you would NOT state that as his biggest achievement. I just posted 10 things that he alone has accomplished in the entire history of the heavyweight division.. that's mostly a haters response & unfortunately one of the most common used to discredit his opposition. His ENTIRE opposition"s winning percentage is 81% at the time he's fought them.

That's not too bad. I'm sure if you look at EVERY alltime greats record..this percentage would be the same. Opposition or lack of it is ALL oppinion based anyway. Have other fighters done the same to there opposition when they were supposedly fighting the same type of fighters & or cans? That's REALLY the only thing we can gauge & compare.. The answer is no they haven't as we're comparing similar fighters faced & NOT fighters that Vitali hasn't faced.

We already saw what he's capable of doing to an ALLTIME great heavy. That's ample proof enough.. Unfortunately what i just stated is not a criteria to rate fighters when it's the only legit way to do so as this way we're comparing apples to apples. Skills is the ULTIMATE criteria. Klitschko has everything in his favor..size..strength.. boxing know how from years of fighting as a kickboxer before even turning pro as that's responsible for the unprecedented manner in which he fights. He's actually using his kickbox pedigree in his stance & the manner in which he fights.. READY to strike at any moment.

Comment

lol...so you have to be alive to hold the record.....

Comment

Working...
                      X