Collapse
No announcement yet.

California Judge: "Golden Boy Violated Top Rank's agreement with Donaire"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lol Donaire returning back to TR... how awkward would that be. I don't think Golden Boy will buy his contract, Arum is very pissed and won't let him off easy.

Comment

if u guys were following the whole situation (pre donaire) u would know that this doesnt have anything to do with donaire...this ruling specifically concerns top rank and gbp. weinstein is their mediator. whatever is going on btw donaire and arum is separate from this.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
        if u guys were following the whole situation (pre donaire) u would know that this doesnt have anything to do with donaire...this ruling specifically concerns top rank and gbp. weinstein is their mediator. whatever is going on btw donaire and arum is separate from this.
        Thank you!! It is about their agreement not to poach one another's fighters not a dispute over ownership of a fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
          what?

what you gonna do?

give me bad customer service? put me on hold longer? transfer me to your manager?
          no dimsum for you today...

Comment

Originally posted by Left Hook Tua View Post
            2012 he's off.

he couldn't just fight 1-2 more fights under top rank and then move?

now watch......he's gonna be sitting inactive 'til 2012.

bye bye momentum he got from montiel win.
            I know this is foul and most will hate this reply I'm about to give, but If I was Arum (or any promoter in his shoes) this is what I would do:

I would put donaire on the sidelines or make him fight 1-2 bums so his momentum dies. I know it's fvkk up but why would you let any promoter capatilize off of the buzz you helped create?

Or I might pull the whole, "extend your contract if you want a big name fighter" move that alot of these guys pull.

I will say this....no matter what, Donaire deserves what is coming to him. This is the second promoter he tried to burn (Gary Shaw was the first), so I have no sympathy at all for this guy.

I know most think Arum is a POS, but anything Shaw is calling you out and questioning your character....then that is a huge red flag and Gary is one of the most stand up guys in the sport of boxing.

Comment

FWIW...I just wish Arum would let him go to GBP anyway.

Gamboa and Lopez are way more talented than him, and actually have the desire to be great.

Donaire will continue to fight smaller guys, take the easy road and try to play the victim role. Let GBP deal with his b1tch @ss.

Comment

I thought Arum said Nonito wasn't worth **** anyway?

Comment

Gary Shaw is one of the most stand up guys in boxing

I guess in a contest of who is the tallest midget maybe but he certainly is not anything like a stand up guy.

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
                    I know this is foul and most will hate this reply I'm about to give, but If I was Arum (or any promoter in his shoes) this is what I would do:

I would put donaire on the sidelines or make him fight 1-2 bums so his momentum dies. I know it's fvkk up but why would you let any promoter capatilize off of the buzz you helped create?

Or I might pull the whole, "extend your contract if you want a big name fighter" move that alot of these guys pull.

I will say this....no matter what, Donaire deserves what is coming to him. This is the second promoter he tried to burn (Gary Shaw was the first), so I have no sympathy at all for this guy.

I know most think Arum is a POS, but anything Shaw is calling you out and questioning your character....then that is a huge red flag and Gary is one of the most stand up guys in the sport of boxing.
                    You need to get Arum's **** out of your mouth. I find it boggling that so many people support the promoters and condone them taking actions to **** their career.

Comment

“The judge agreed that Golden Boy had violated the agreement and issued an order that Golden Boy is enjoined, restrained, from purporting to promote Donaire at this time. They can not proceed under that contract at this time.”
                      Well, it looks like he won't have a fight this May afterall...

Comment

Working...
                      X