No announcement yet.

Pirog is a joke, believe that.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pirog is a joke, believe that.

And with that the Pirog hot air balloon begins to inflate. I love how certain fighters can look exciting against terrible talent and be called the next big thing. Yet, a guy that may not be as exciting(in this case he is more exciting) is fighting the very best and being called overrated, a ducker, or just not that good. There is a difference between fighting 20 year old prospects and fighting top P4P fighters in the world. Pirog is nothing, has never been anything and will continue to fight in high school gyms in Russia. Another Eastern European that is protected and yet to fight world caliper opponents but get hyped up like no tomorrow. People ***** about Americans being hyped, it's time to look in your own backyard. That's real talk.

I laughed at people saying "oh, it's the next Roy Jones. Look how he fights, kid is cut from another cloth." GTFO, it's easy to look great against guys that you're overmatched. It's time to put up or shut up. I'm sick of people on here overrating fighters that haven't ever face a top fighter. Golovkin will probably be on that list next if he gets some brass and steps up to the plate.

You still mad he KO'd Jacobs

Comment

I think "a joke" is a bit harsh. He's a young prospect who has yet to face world class opposition. He's overhyped by some (those who hate on Martinez for no apparent reason) but overall I wouldn't say he's overhyped. He is what he is, and he needs to face some better opposition.

Comment

ok for one, no one said he's the next roy jones.

two, he won the fight pretty easily against a guy who was covering up the entire night and rarely wanted to open up. it's hard to look stellar against a guy who's just content going the distance.

not everyone can look amazingly awesome every single fight. even pac has had a couple of stinkers.

Comment

This joke destroyed one of your top prospects, he took Jacobs ass lubed him up and ****ed him bad live on HBO.. u still mad bro?

Comment

Originally posted by Check View Post
            And with that the Pirog hot air balloon begins to inflate. I love how certain fighters can look exciting against terrible talent and be called the next big thing. Yet, a guy that may not be as exciting(in this case he is more exciting) is fighting the very best and being called overrated, a ducker, or just not that good. There is a difference between fighting 20 year old prospects and fighting top P4P fighters in the world. Pirog is nothing, has never been anything and will continue to fight in high school gyms in Russia. Another Eastern European that is protected and yet to fight world caliper opponents but get hyped up like no tomorrow. People ***** about Americans being hyped, it's time to look in your own backyard. That's real talk.

I laughed at people saying "oh, it's the next Roy Jones. Look how he fights, kid is cut from another cloth." GTFO, it's easy to look great against guys that you're overmatched. It's time to put up or shut up. I'm sick of people on here overrating fighters that haven't ever face a top fighter. Golovkin will probably be on that list next if he gets some brass and steps up to the plate.
            mug.............

Comment

Originally posted by Rab- View Post
              You still mad he KO'd Jacobs
              Naw, Jacobs was just a kid. Pirog may still be inexperienced but the dude is almost as old as Manny Pacquaio or Floyd Mayweather. I don't go crazy for prospects like a lot of these fan boys/nationalistic guys do. I let the talking happen in the ring and so far Pirog has yet to beat a top 15 fighter in his division. Guy hasn't shown me anything except he can look good against kids and average today. He certainly won't beat Martinez and certainly doesn't deserve that paper belt he is sporting around.

Comment

i think cintron beats pirog

Comment

How long did it take for Roy Jones to step up in competition?

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
                    i think cintron beats pirog
                    In a Pogo Stick contest maybe.

Comment

Working...
                    X