No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Filipinos Don't Support 'No Pay-Per-View' Donaire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    Lol, Am sure now the reality is setting in for Arum and his disciples on boxingscene forums, Damage control to the fullest, Cant wait for more to come from arum, He would attack Nonito for years and would never let anyone of his fighters fight him, We have seen that with how he handle Mayweather and De la Hoya when they outsmart his harvard asss, He can fool the ******s but not everyone is hanging on one fighters nut.
    Hahaha yea, it should be entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by bunnybounce View Post
      No, Not really. I'm a Filipino and he is not connected to us, because we know the word "UTANG NA LOOB". Apparently, He's culture is not the same us ours because he was raised in the U.S.
      Donaire being raised in the U.S. is kinda a falsehood. He moved to the U.S. at age 11. So, when you consider a child to be between the time he was born until 18, he spent more years as a child in the Phillipines then he did here...

Also, it seems you take offense to anyone who left the Phillipines to better their life. Donaire's father spent 8 years in the Phillipine army before coming here to try and better his life in 1990. Nonito came and joined him three years later in 1993. You make it seem that people will not consider Donaire a true Filipino because he wasn't raised until 18 in the Phillipines. Maybe that's the case, I don't know but then every Mexican fighter who came to the U.S. or was born here wouldn't be embraced by Mexico either and that is definitely not true...

Personally, I think his fighting will over shadow all the prejudice bull**** about being a Filipino, Filipino-American, an American, etc. It's all crap. Let the man's fists do the talking and speak for themselves. Bob 'scumbag' Arum is trying to turn the Filipino people against Donaire but most of us know better than to believe anything Bob says. Remember his quote "I was lying yesterday, today I am telling the truth!" Bob is the devil, he mixes truth with lies, you will never know what kind of BS he is going to pull...

Comment

Not really, sorry.. boxing fan will always be a boxing fan. Oh wait, I get it, You're a pac hater.
        Did I say anything bad about Pacquiao for you to label me a hater. He is the most exciting fighter I've ever watched, hands down. And how can you call yourself a boxing fan when you just said you don't like him because his culture is not the same as yours because he was raised in the US.
        Last edited by goblin213; 03-22-2011, 08:07 PM.

Comment

if the pinoys dont wanna support him..**** ill support him even more..dude is a beast..im a boxing fan and support a fighter regardless of culture or nationality

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
            donaire was born in there country and spent half his life in the
            philepines to.
            I understand all that but it seems like they are somewhat distancing themselves from Donaire. We have seen this often from Mexican fight fans but this is a first for a Filipino. We'll just have to wait and see since Donaire is just starting to get very popular.

Comment

is he based in the us or phillipines ?

is he the oscar de la hoya of the philipines ?

Comment

Lots of Filipinos support Donaire! I was at the fight and there were just as many pinoys as there were Mexicans. Bob Arum doesn't speak for Filipinos. I'm Filipino-American and support both Donaire and Pacquiao. Not just because they're Pinoy, but because they carry themselves as champions outside the ring as well as inside. Arum is just evil!

Comment

Wrong, He was raised in the US.
                  Originally posted by PAC&PBFsuck View Post
                  I thought he said his family came here when he was about 5-6 years old.
                  More like 10-11

Comment

Bitter old man. Why does he feel the need to mouth off at any fighter who leaves his stable? If his contract is valid and he gets to keep Donaire this is just going to alienate him further.

Comment

fans make boxing crazy.... putting boundaries and ****, like a citizenship issue... all woulda internet gangsta just to prove a moot point.
                      Boxing is a global sport regardless of nationality. A fighter is a gladiator who once steps into the ring is just a man like the other. War is what you get when you raise boundaries to show you are better.

Arum is crying over spilt milk... he lost a milking cow, must be something wrong with his handling for a fighter that caliber leaving him.... or Donaire is as the past news have shown, is becomin a little too greedy with the money.

as for Pnoys supporting Donaire, he is embraced by his Pnoy fans as a brother, but compared to pac, hes just another Pnoy fighter out there, he aint gonna have the same level of admiration Pac has, it all boils down to the principles he fights with which Nonie hasnt got anywhere close. America can have him sure and Pnoy fans can still clamor for him, moot point.

End of story is, Arum is a crybaby. Losing a toy he hoped to sell big but end up with a cent. Lettin it loose on the wire to find people who will support his bruised ego. Arum aint the smooth business man, hes shrewd like those others who handles the game who goes by the mafia credo of "sell one to earn ten".

Comment

Working...
                      X