No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Filipinos Don't Support 'No Pay-Per-View' Donaire

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Seleção No. 13 View Post
    Who is they? I don't think any Filipino in the next 20-50 years would be able to take the attention away from Manny. lol.

And this is sadly why he doesn't get as much support. He's built up his career in the United States but nobody in America cares about the lower weight classes. He's starting to get more media exposure in the Filipino Channels though...
    That's great to hear.

Comment

• Originally posted by LeadUppercut View Post
      That's how I see it, be interesting to hear Nonito's viewpoint.
      So do you call him 'The American Flash' doesn't sounds good then...

Comment

• Filipinos love Donaire

Filipinos love Donaire. A true boxing fan knows this. Arum is looking after himself only. Arum is a control freak .... Donaire moving to Golden Boy Promotions is a slap on his face. Period.

Comment

• Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
          The filipinos seem threatned of the rise of donaire.U would think they
          would be more supportive of there countrymen.But when theres comparsions
          of donaire and manny,They go mad and will defend manny to the death lol
          The Manny-circus is nuts.

Filipino's, turning on their own guys out of fan-boy jealousy.

It's just crazy.

Comment

• every Filipinos in the Philippines knows Nonito Donaire. We support him. If you all haters think Filipinos should support Donaire the way they suppor Pac"?well, its not gonna happen. It doesnt have anything to do with Donaire, not even Tyson or Ali in their prime would equal Pac's popularity in the Philippines. it has everything to do with Pac's living all his life in the Philippines.

Bob Arum is just bitter because he lost Donaire. But to say Donaire would be a ppv star in GBP is just a ******. it takes two to tango specially in the lower class. Pac was on the right time and at the right place fighting Barrera and Morales who were both ppv headliners.

Comment

• Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
              oh hes not a real filipino,So yall are not gonna support him.Yet hes waving
              ur flag and representng ur people.U people make me sick.I'm gonna start
              to support him cause hes exciting and wants to fight the best.And i'm
              mexican
              True boxing fan right there

Comment

• Originally posted by vicmatic1 View Post
                if the pinoys dont wanna support him..**** ill support him even more..dude is a beast..im a boxing fan and support a fighter regardless of culture or nationality
                Another true-blue boxing fan, you guys are great.

Comment

• Originally posted by pugilist22 View Post
                  Lots of Filipinos support Donaire! I was at the fight and there were just as many pinoys as there were Mexicans. Bob Arum doesn't speak for Filipinos. I'm Filipino-American and support both Donaire and Pacquiao. Not just because they're Pinoy, but because they carry themselves as champions outside the ring as well as inside. Arum is just evil!
                  Bumping this post......

Comment

• Originally posted by goblin213 View Post
                    Once Manny retires most of you nut riders won't even be watching boxing. And btw put a gun on Donaire's head and ask him to chose where he wants to live, Philippines or the US, and I bet Nonito will start singing the "Star-Spangled Banner."
                    what? you dont know what you talking about..donaire is a famous man in the philippines for your information!!LOL he is currently making movies and all that stuff same with manny before..we support all filipino boxers mixed or naturally born you moron!

Comment

• Originally posted by Check View Post
                      I wonder if the Filipinos are starting to become like the Mexicans. Mexicans don't seem to support Mexican American fighters and it seems like Filipinos don't have much love for Filipino American fighters either. If this is the case I have to admit I'm a little bit surprised. I understand why Mexicans don't support Mexican Americans but I kind of thought Filipinos had a different culture and would be accepting of Donaire and Viliora for example.
                      no we support mixed naturally born or whatsoever athlete we have..

Comment

Working...
                      X