Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trainer Bob Edwards: "Canelo Needs To Stay Away from Kirkland" (Video)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why? The only thing scary about Kirkland is his look and bullish approach. He's powerful, but not devastating, strong, but not much stronger. Canelo could arguably be the bigger puncher, and better technical fighter.

At some point he's gotta step his game up. Kirkland will be in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
      Why? The only thing scary about Kirkland is his look and bullish approach. He's powerful, but not devastating, strong, but not much stronger. Canelo could arguably be the bigger puncher, and better technical fighter.

If Kirkland was popular and had a promoter who actually promoted him everyone would be screaming that he's a protected pusssssy who fights Tomato can's.

True Story!

Comment

Kirkland may be a big puncher but in his last fight, he almost got dropped. I don't think he has a good chin and leaves himself open. Not impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post

You know why he says that? First its because Canelo is a "you go then I go fighter" Kirk is a "I go and you deal with it fighter". Canelo hasnt been in with anyone that really hits hard yet, Kirk has. What's really scary is how quickly he recovers from being rocked. I think the first fighter that matches Alvarez in size and power makes him fold. I dont think this fight is far from happening either.

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
          If Kirkland was popular and had a promoter who actually promoted him everyone would be screaming that he's a protected pusssssy who fights Tomato can's.

True Story!
          Thats the whole thing. Kirk is taking the hard road under the radar. Canelo has the easy road in the spotlight so one will be going in full and one will be going in hungry as hell.

....And I cant get with the old timers not giving Floyd or Pac a chance against anyone including Hagler who is the first boxer I ever was a fan of. Any boxer who changes the game like these two has a chance against the greats near their weight division. As proven from old video sometimes a fighting style becomes obsolete. Not that Haglers is but his style is slowly becoming that of a journeyman.

Comment

Working...
          X