Collapse
No announcement yet.

Shannon Briggs Accuses Dan Rafael of Conflict of Interest

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't like Dan all that much but truth be told he's a hundred times more crediable than 95% of all other boxing writers.

Lets be honest Dan is honest about fighters and doesn't coddle anyone out there. Thats what all the hate is about! he told the truth about your favorite fighter and you hate him for it!

Comment

a few months ago Dan talked to me about an issue going on with one of my fighters...as friends...he used to send me his daily blogs etc...so when the issue came up he talked to me about it...then wrote an article about it a couple days later that was not favorable...not that I would have said anything different if I knew he was interviewing me, but, still, I thought we were just talking...but in any event, he got info wrong and also put his own spin on the proceedings which he had NO KNOWLEDGE about...it was VERY ugly...I put a status up on my facebook about it and that was it, he never contacted me again, never sent me one of his blogs again (he used to send them every day)...which basically tells me he feels he can say ANYTHING he wants about anyone he wants and that's OK...but I said one thing back and now were not email buddies anymore (???)...
      Last edited by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY; 03-22-2011, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Iv seen Dan's posts on Twitter..seems full of him self IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by chrismart83 View Post
          Iv seen Dan's posts on Twitter..seems full of him self IMO.
          OH HE's definitely changed...I knew him way back in 2000 when he was very new to the sport and hardly anyone knew him...he is NOT the same person, boxing jaded him, definitely..he is NOT respectful of boxers...only of the ones who can help him or the ones he needs at the moment...

Comment

look at him. of course he's full of himself

Comment

You guys gotta remember that writers like Dan Rafael cant write just whatever they want, or else certain promoters might stop talking to them. Might stop giving them press passes and kissing their asses. They get in bed with promoters the same was congressmen get in bed with lobbyists.

If you want some boxing news that unbiased as possible, hit up Boxing Truth Radio.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                You guys gotta remember that writers like Dan Rafael cant write just whatever they want, or else certain promoters might stop talking to them. Might stop giving them press passes and kissing their asses. They get in bed with promoters the same was congressmen get in bed with lobbyists.
                yea but he also writes some very ignorant and uninformed stuff...based on his own OPINION...gradually he has injected his own bias into his stuff...

Comment

Originally posted by Big Chorizo View Post
                  I can't stand that fat phuck. Him and that other fat phuck Michael Marley. These two need to get punched in the face
                  How can you even compare the two? Rafael is lightyears ahead of Marley when it comes to boxing journalism talent and work.

It seems like the main gripe people have with Dan is his physical appearance. Kinda silly considering he's a writer and not a fighter. Dan may show a bit of bias sometimes, but that's just him keeping it real IMO. He's better than about 99% of the other boxing journalists out there.

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
                    OH HE's definitely changed...I knew him way back in 2000 when he was very new to the sport and hardly anyone knew him...he is NOT the same person, boxing jaded him, definitely..he is NOT respectful of boxers...only of the ones who can help him or the ones he needs at the moment...
                    He is arrogant now -- just sit in on one of his chats where he plays king and sicks the sycophants on anyone who dares to disagree with him.

I get the feeling that the whole thing with the "freaks" have gone to his head a bit, he's like the fat waterboy who wins the lottery in that respect.

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
                      a few months ago Dan talked to me about an issue going on with one of my fighters...as friends...he used to send me his daily blogs etc...so when the issue came up he talked to me about it...then wrote an article about it a couple days later that was not favorable...not that I would have said anything different if I knew he was interviewing me, but, still, I thought we were just talking...but in any event, he got info wrong and also put his own spin on the proceedings which he had NO KNOWLEDGE about...it was VERY ugly...I put a status up on my facebook about it and that was it, he never contacted me again, never sent me one of his blogs again (he used to send them every day)...which basically tells me he feels he can say ANYTHING he wants about anyone he wants and that's OK...but I said one thing back and now were not email buddies anymore (???)...
                      That's the way he is in chats as well -- as long as you agree with him and kiss his butt, everything is cool, but cross him once and you are banished from the kingdom, or should I say freakdom, LOL.

It's kind of sad that he is so desperate to wield that little bit of power in that way.

Makes me think he was an unpopular boy in high school and wants revenge.

Comment

Working...
                      X