No announcement yet.

Shannon Briggs Accuses Dan Rafael of Conflict of Interest

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopperRead View Post
    He is arrogant now -- just sit in on one of his chats where he plays king and sicks the sycophants on anyone who dares to disagree with him.

I get the feeling that the whole thing with the "freaks" have gone to his head a bit, he's like the fat waterboy who wins the lottery in that respect.
    Chopper, u are EXACTLY RIGHT IMO...he used to send me the chat transcripts from every session...I would read them and the way the people sucked up to him was embarrassing (to them)..and it was in there that he got cheered on when he dissed fighters...

Comment

Originally posted by ChopperRead View Post
      That's the way he is in chats as well -- as long as you agree with him and kiss his butt, everything is cool, but cross him once and you are banished from the kingdom, or should I say freakdom, LOL.

It's kind of sad that he is so desperate to wield that little bit of power in that way.

Makes me think he was an unpopular boy in high school and wants revenge.
      I remember in one chat he had where he was really disrespectful to Roy Jones...VERY MUCH so...and some guy was like, "Dan, thats pretty disrespectul don't u think to be dissing a great fighter like Roy in that manner, etc etc"..and Dan's response to the guy was (literally) "Blah Blah Blah"...

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
        Chopper, u are EXACTLY RIGHT IMO...he used to send me the chat transcripts from every session...I would read them and the way the people sucked up to him was embarrassing (to them)..and it was in there that he got cheered on when he dissed fighters...
        Yep, the whole thing gets a little nauseating, to me at least. It's a little too high school and immature for a man his age to be acting that way.

He seems to be trying to make up for something that he didn't have earlier in his life -- if he was always as fat as he is today, I'm sure he had a few problems socially.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick_Rick View Post
          The only conflict of interest Dan has, is having salad with his burger.
          ahaha quality

Comment

I've read a few of his Q&A sessions and some of the things he says about fighters is not what you would expect a professional sports journalist to write. If fat dan keeps burning bridges he will soon be out of a job.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Blobby View Post
              I've read a few of his Q&A sessions and some of the things he says about fighters is not what you would expect a professional sports journalist to write. If fat dan keeps burning bridges he will soon be out of a job.
              His ego is getting to be as big as his waistline.

Comment

dan is a boxing orrico! leav him alone, although i believe he should leave them dounuts alone too.

Comment

for sure. this has been my main problem with him.

lots of people **** on him for his opinions or rankings or whatever, but I never really cared we all have our own personal views as to what makes a great fighter, certain things we favor more than others, etc. and I was thankful for lots of the information he would bring to us boxing fans.

but I don't know if it's just been the last couple years or what, but he's become a real asshole

Comment

I've read a few of his Q&A sessions and some of the things he says about fighters is not what you would expect a professional sports journalist to write.
                    exactly...he used to be unbiased when he first started out, before he got "inside" the game...now he's more a critic than a writer/fan/friend of boxing...IMO...playing the role of the 'guru" is not a good look for him, either...

Comment

Originally posted by ICEMAN JOHN SCULLY View Post
                      OH HE's definitely changed...I knew him way back in 2000 when he was very new to the sport and hardly anyone knew him...he is NOT the same person, boxing jaded him, definitely..he is NOT respectful of boxers...only of the ones who can help him or the ones he needs at the moment...
                      BOOM Iceman just ended this thread

Comment

Working...
                      X