Collapse
No announcement yet.

Odlanier Solis: Torn crucial ligament and meniscus

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solis goes in the history book as one of of Vitali's easiest wins, but if you were reading Boxingscene the last few weeks this fight was going to be Vitali hardest test for years.

The truth is that Solis didn't deserve to even share the ring with vitali.

I do wish him luck with his injury though, no Boxer deserves a severe injury
    Last edited by shenmue; 03-19-2011, 07:51 PM. Reason: change

Comment

Originally posted by shenmue View Post
      Solis goes in the history book as one of of Vitali's easiest wins, but if you were reading Boxingscene the last few weeks this fight was going to be Vitali hardest test for years.

The truth is that Solis didn't deserve to even share the ring with vitali.
      BINGO, we have a winner !!

Comment

I have torn ligaments in my knee right now. Its the worst injury in the world because "it just happens"

But Solis should still accept some blame. He shouldve entered camp at 246 lbs, and spent those 6 weeks fighting at 246 lbs. You cant live as an obese man and then enter the ring at a weight your not accustomed to.

Vitali gets credit for being serious about his proffession. The best man won at the end of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
          I'm not saying I believe the source but I believe it to be true.

This isn't the first time it's happened to an overweight fighter. Rarely does it happen to fighters in shape or even overweight.

But I've seen it happen in the amateurs and in local fights to fat heavyweights.
          He deserves it for not having the discipline to keep in shape all year round. You have MMA guys busting their ass in the gym in CONSTANT camps living the life of fighters (GSP is a great example) and then these bums who think they can eat junk for 5 months and get ready to fight by dieting. Jesus.... I know I'm being cruel but I'm so mad at Solis. Feel kinda bad for Vitali. Lets not forget he was also promoting the fight, not just fighting it. I doubt he'll give that fat incompetent bastard another chance. I hope he doesn't.

Comment

They'd likely wait for the swelling to go down before looking a the knee with any instruments.

sounds fishy
            probably is.

Comment

Why can't people accept that Solis GOT UP BEFORE THE COUNT OF TEN!!!

The fight was stopped because Solis was limping around the ring. Jeez, you swear Vitali knocked him out.

Comment

If you're so grossly overweight as is Solis it'll wreck your knees, hopefully after your career. Sadly not for him. He was in disgraceful condition for the biggest fight of his life.

Vitali and all involved knew what they were getting into and deserves no sympathy. Not a whole lot different to the Green-Briggs fiasco from last year, really.

When's Adamek gonna fight one of these guys? That'll be a *fight*.

Comment

Originally posted by Brick Top View Post
                  Why the fuk are you bringing up a fight from years ago, get with the time douche !
                  So this is your newest excuse? You insult a guy because of a knee injury but you have a knee injury guy as your avatar and the only thing you can say is "Yeah, but that was years ago".

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                    I'm not saying I believe the source but I believe it to be true.

This isn't the first time it's happened to an overweight fighter. Rarely does it happen to fighters in shape or even overweight.

But I've seen it happen in the amateurs and in local fights to fat heavyweights.
                    It happens to be EXACTLY the same injury suffered by VK in training just before the Rahman fight, which caused him to retire for 4 years. It often is career ending. The cruciate ligament I mean.

Comment

This should be ruled a no contest. He blew his knee out, anyone can see this from the fight footage.

Comment

Working...
                      X