No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Goossen Won't Lay Down, Plans To Fight Shumenov's Suit

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Goossen Won't Lay Down, Plans To Fight Shumenov's Suit

Promoter Dan Goossen spoke to BoxingScene.com concerning Thursday's announcement by WBA light heavyweight king and former Olympian, Beibut Shumenov, that he has severed ties with Goossen, and, in fact, filed a lawsuit requesting that a Nevada court rule that his contract with Goossen Tutor Promotions be terminated as of January.

[Click Here To Read More]

Surprised to hear Dawson's actually fighting, and against a relative unknown. He usually only fights when he has to.

Comment

It's down right disgraceful for Shumenov or anyone to think that Beibut Shumenov legitimately "earned the crown" the way he got it against Campillo in that fight. And from what I had read, the main reason Shumenov even got that fight was because his promotional company (KZ Event Productions) had refused to pay Campillo for the first fight unless he agreed to fight him again. That was one of the worst decisions I've seen in the last few years (I have yet to hear anyone say they thought Shumenov honestly won that fight), and it seems like even if Campillo would have knocked out Shumenov, they still would have found a way to give it to Shumenov. KZ Event Productions sounds pretty shady to me and the way Beibut and his brother appear to be running it, I hope Karma really works like it's suppose to.

Shumenov's got some skill (gotta respect a guy for getting in the ring), but ever since I first saw the guy fight and the way it went about him "setting the division record", I continue to believe the guy is a fraud and an exposure waiting to happen.

Comment

I'm not a fan of Shumenov, hope Campillo fights him again and gets the KO.

Comment

Working...
        X