Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

so sergtards criticize manny/floyds opponents but cool with him fighting manfredo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not for this fight

Comment

Originally posted by THe TRiNiTY View Post
      1. Nobody said they are OKay with that fight.

2. Martinez has been on the hottest/toughest streak in the last 5 years of boxing, bar none. Even if you disagree, you couldn't disgaree with the fact that he's up there. Nonetheless, he deserves an easier fight. Every major star has been given them from time to time.

De La Hoya, Mayweather, Pacquiao... everyone.

3. Manfredo has been mentioned as an opponent, but so has the winner of Chavez-Zbik. The winner would be coming off a big win and would be another solid fight.

Jesus.. fans of Pacquiao and Mayweather finally unite.... In their hatred of a guy that's coming up on the pound for pound list. What.... a bunch.... of queers.
      Pacquaio got a busted eardrum from Cotto, his face all busted up from Clottey and Margarito put him on a hospital bed in the fetal position for 36 hours pissing blood..he takes a so-called easier fight against Mosley and he gets massacred for taking it. Why isn't that seen as a stay busy fight? There is no one else for Pac to fight except Berto (who Mosley would probably still beat)

If you hold Martinez to the same standard (some fans are even saying he deserves to pass Manny because of the Mosley fight), then you can't excuse Martinez for fighting Manfredo. It's not a stay busy fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Pride View Post
        then you can't excuse Martinez for fighting Manfredo.
        I have seen exactly Zero posts excusing it and defending it. No one with any sense wants to see Martinez-Manfredo.

Comment

martinez needs to stop ducking pirog

Comment

2008-2011

Pacquiao- Marquez, Diaz, De La Hoya, Hatton, Cotto, Clottey, Margarito, Mosley

Mayweather- Marquez, Mosley

Martinez- Torivio, TerMeliksetian, Bunema, Cintron, Williams, Pavlik, Williams, Dzinziruk, Manfredo

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
              Oh, so you were just making shit up. Okay. Got it.
              Martinez:

"If I fight Pirog, I can't be the best pound for pound fighter in the world. It doesn't make sense for me to fight an opponent like that. I'm 35-years-old and my dream since I was a kid, is to become the best pound for pound fighter in the world. I have to look ahead, not backwards, but forward, and that's the most logical thing for my career right now,"

Take what you want from that, but beating Dzinziruk and Manfredo doesn't take him closer to being the best p4p fighter in the world either.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Pride View Post
                Pacquaio got a busted eardrum from Cotto, his face all busted up from Clottey and Margarito put him on a hospital bed in the fetal position for 36 hours pissing blood..he takes a so-called easier fight against Mosley and he gets massacred for taking it. Why isn't that seen as a stay busy fight? There is no one else for Pac to fight except Berto (who Mosley would probably still beat)
                But, you're talking to me. You're not talking to other people. Can you give me one post that says I think Pacquiao is wrong for taking the Mosley fight? No. Because it's never been said.

Why do posters feel the need to keep people in groups? You don't have to see idiots from one side bashing Pacquiao in favor of Mayweather or Martinez and then start to bash either fighter in retaliation. You can just enjoy all three.

I don't mind seeing them fight anyone else next. It's fine. Anything can happen in boxing. Without stay-busy fights, Buster Douglas would have never left us with something to talk about. Nothing wrong with that.

Mayweather fighting Marquez was fine with me. Martinez fighting Manfredo is fine with me. Manny fighting Mosley is fine with me. I'm not forced to buy it and I'll still watch it in hopes of seeing something exciting.

If you hold Martinez to the same standard (some fans are even saying he deserves to pass Manny because of the Mosley fight), then you can't excuse Martinez for fighting Manfredo. It's not a stay busy fight.
                I'm not saying that. I won't look for the link, because I don't care enough, but I've stated that it's still....

1. Manny.
                2. Mayweather.
                3. Martinez.

I don't EXCUSE anyone. It's their careers. I don't mind the occasion mismatch. They can be fun.

Comment

Originally posted by straightleft View Post
                  How funny Cotto, Clottey, Margarito and Mosley against Pac suddenly became punching bag but then avoided by Floyd at all cost except the old Mosley,. The irony, these punching bags against another opponents except against each other, these newbie/new prospect stand no chance.
                  stupid, when did i say cotto was a punching bag? who gives a **** how they looked against each other, what matters is how they looked against pacquiao, and they looked like punching bags (clottey and margo). but a ******* like you would think that fight was exciting, and probably thinks mosley has a chance. and who is a newbie/new prospect? where did that come from? ****in idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Malone View Post
                    Let's say Martinez KO's Pirog in round 3, what say you and who do you want Martinez to face after that?
                    But, you're talking to me. You're not talking to other people. Can you give me one post that says I think Pacquiao is wrong for taking the Mosley fight? No. Because it's never been said.

Why do posters feel the need to keep people in groups? You don't have to see idiots from one side bashing Pacquiao in favor of Mayweather or Martinez and then start to bash either fighter in retaliation. You can just enjoy all three.

I don't mind seeing them fight anyone else next. It's fine. Anything can happen in boxing. Without stay-busy fights, Buster Douglas would have never left us with something to talk about. Nothing wrong with that.

Mayweather fighting Marquez was fine with me. Martinez fighting Manfredo is fine with me. Manny fighting Mosley is fine with me. I'm not forced to buy it and I'll still watch it in hopes of seeing something exciting.

I'm not saying that. I won't look for the link, because I don't care enough, but I've stated that it's still....

1. Manny.
                    2. Mayweather.
                    3. Martinez.

I don't EXCUSE anyone. It's their careers. I don't mind the occasion mismatch. They can be fun.
                    Ok me and you are in the same boat as I agree with all your points.

All boxers do the same but I hate the double standard and how fans turn a blind eye to ones guys actions and bash another.

For the record Manfredo, Mosley and Marquez are all the same types of bouts and I really don't have issues with any of them.

No fighter goes on a terminator like steak facing top guy after top guy....boxing has never worked like that. All fighters take soft comp from time to time and Martinez is no different.

Comment

1. Manny.
                      2. Mayweather.
                      3. Martinez.

Yeah I was generalising, and you're in the minority, not many people like the Pac-Mosley. I'm with you too, these guys worked so hard to get to where they are, to be in a position where they can choose fights to get as much money as possible before they retire, and they get **** on for it, what they did to earn these paydays dismissed.

I honestly don't care who Martinez fights, he deserves all he can get. Seems a great guy, what he did for that young girl in his last fight was special and testament to his character. I just hate the double standards when it comes to Pac and him. If anyone deserves to pick and chose his fights without getting hated on at the end of his career it's Pac with all the HoFs he's beaten, fighting through like 9-10 division. How can anyone question that?

Comment

Working...
                      X