cotto: if i fight margarito somebody is going to be in the dressin room

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this racist mexico vs pr **** is just too stupid

Comment

What I think is more important however, is how Marg won the first fight. Again I'm not going to bring up wraps, but what does Marg have to do again to win? He has to put on A TON of pressure, well as we saw in the Manny fight he throws less than 100 punches a round now so forget about that happening. Secondly, he's slower than dog **** still and he still has ZERO head movement so I see Cotto landing like 60% of his power shots STILL. The only thing Marg even did in the first fight was throw, throw, throw and throw. He did nothing fancy or special he won because Cotto did nothing but sit in the ropes and crouch into uppercut after uppercut, he simply had the wrong gameplan.

This time around Cotto will still be boxing (even better with Steward) he won'g get stuck in the corner and if he does I'll promise you he'll clinch this time like Mosley did, and most importantly he is going to let Marg follow him around the ring as that is all Marg does, Cotto will land 1-3 punches, turn him and trap Marg against the rope. All Cotto is going to do is utilize a combination of Manny and Shane strategies to beat him. It wasn't like Cotto got blasted, he not only won the first 6 rounds, he was on his way to taking the 10th till he got hurt. I'm willing to bet all my points RIGHT NOW Cotto will not lose to Marg this time.

A journeyman like Margarito is not even on the same level as Cotto and this time will prove it. Cotto was so good even in the first fight that if he just clinched 5x's a round when he was trapped he still would have won. Coming forward and eating punches does not a make you a good fighter, it makes you a punching bag. Cotto maybe lost 1 round to Mayorga and Mayorga is a better fighter than Marg even now in his career. Better head movement, legs, speed and power the only advantage Marg really has over anyone in boxing is his stamina but its going to be enough as he showed he can't take a body shot either, he's done.

Quick reply to this message
      Beater_of_ass
      View Public Profile
      Send a private message to Beater_of_ass
      Send email to Beater_of_ass
      Find More Posts by Beater_of_ass
      Add Beater_of_ass to Your Contacts

i defenately agreee with that.. ive seen the mosley vs margo fight over 10 times and one of the things that help mosley was that he actually clinched and thats an advantage he had over the Cotto vs Margo fight.. and i still dont understand why Cotto wouldnt clinch!!! he would have won the fight hands down if he would have done that.. Mosley did it throught out the whole fight and it worked cuz it didnt let margo do any damage at all.. clinching doesnt make you a less man or bad fighter Its just part of boxing... Anyone can say that Mayweather is a p***y but hey its just boxing.. boxing its not about whose the best brawler is about hitting and not getting hit back. tactics

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey88 View Post
        i defenately agreee with that.. ive seen the mosley vs margo fight over 10 times and one of the things that help mosley was that he actually clinched and thats an advantage he had over the Cotto vs Margo fight.. and i still dont understand why Cotto wouldnt clinch!!! he would have won the fight hands down if he would have done that.. Mosley did it throught out the whole fight and it worked cuz it didnt let margo do any damage at all.. clinching doesnt make you a less man or bad fighter Its just part of boxing... Anyone can say that Mayweather is a p***y but hey its just boxing.. boxing its not about whose the best brawler is about hitting and not getting hit back. tactics
        The sad thing is...clinching is like an allergen to Cotto. He just doesn't do it or know how to do it properly. I think he clinched like 3 times against Mayorga, and he looked extremely awkward. Clinching just isn't a part of his personality. I guess it makes him the exciting fighter he is. He doesn't clinch, which makes him take some punishment that he would have otherwise avoided and has to fight back getting his composure.

Comment

Originally posted by 120 View Post
          this racist mexico vs pr **** is just too stupid

Mexicans and Puerto Ricans can't be racist towrd each other they are the same race of people.

Comment

Ricans are funny

Comment

Originally posted by beater_of_ass View Post
              i was avoiding the whole hate war because anyone participating looks like a complete idiot, it got worse with this post. Did you even watch the first fight? Cotto wasn't hurting marg, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't win a rematch. Forget the wraps and it comes down to wear and tear on their bodies and skill level, marg really doesn't have an advantage in physical condition. Yes, he may have more stamina but your face doesn't heal from the beating he took from manny, especially if you shattered your orbital bone. Not to mention in the cotto fight marg's right eye was nearly swollen shut.

What i think is more important however, is how marg won the first fight. Again i'm not going to bring up wraps, but what does marg have to do again to win? He has to put on a ton of pressure, well as we saw in the manny fight he throws less than 100 punches a round now so forget about that happening. Secondly, he's slower than dog **** still and he still has zero head movement so i see cotto landing like 60% of his power shots still. The only thing marg even did in the first fight was throw, throw, throw and throw. He did nothing fancy or special he won because cotto did nothing but sit in the ropes and crouch into uppercut after uppercut, he simply had the wrong gameplan.

This time around cotto will still be boxing (even better with steward) he won'g get stuck in the corner and if he does i'll promise you he'll clinch this time like mosley did, and most importantly he is going to let marg follow him around the ring as that is all marg does, cotto will land 1-3 punches, turn him and trap marg against the rope. All cotto is going to do is utilize a combination of manny and shane strategies to beat him. It wasn't like cotto got blasted, he not only won the first 6 rounds, he was on his way to taking the 10th till he got hurt. I'm willing to bet all my points right now cotto will not lose to marg this time.

A journeyman like margarito is not even on the same level as cotto and this time will prove it. Cotto was so good even in the first fight that if he just clinched 5x's a round when he was trapped he still would have won. Coming forward and eating punches does not a make you a good fighter, it makes you a punching bag. Cotto maybe lost 1 round to mayorga and mayorga is a better fighter than marg even now in his career. Better head movement, legs, speed and power the only advantage marg really has over anyone in boxing is his stamina but its going to be enough as he showed he can't take a body shot either, he's done.
              ......amen

Comment

Margarito is a journeyman?

Comment

Originally posted by pistol whip View Post
                  Mexicans and Puerto Ricans can't be racist towrd each other they are the same race of people.
                  To some degree yes. Mexicans have WAY more native blood and most are in fact 100% native whereas the Taino's on in PR where killed off very early on by the Spaniards. The Mexicans have a VERY strong native presence in their community the PRs not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir TomJones View Post
                    Margarito is a journeyman?
                    Aside from Cotto, simply because it clouded in suspicion what is his best win? A 20 year old Sergio? Maybe its Kermit the leaper Cintron? Margarito is ONLY a name in boxing because he beat Cotto, if he was actually any good as a fighter he wouldn't have needed to attempt to load his wraps for Mosley his skill should have been good enough. Mosley is a shot to hell and he got completely demolished by Shane, went life and death with another Journeyman in Mexico and he got blasted by a guy he outweighed by 20 pounds. In EITHER of those fights he should have been at least competitive (with Shane and Manny.)

Comment

Originally posted by BorderPatrol View Post
                      To some degree yes. Mexicans have WAY more native blood and most are in fact 100% native whereas the Taino's on in PR where killed off very early on by the Spaniards. The Mexicans have a VERY strong native presence in their community the PRs not so much.
                      ..nahh... they have more african than anything!

Comment

Working...
                      X