No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Pacquaio's Adviser Responds To R. Donaire's Comments

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Pacquaio's Adviser Responds To R. Donaire's Comments

Michael Koncz, the adviser to WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao, doesn't agree with the recent comments that were made by Rachel Donaire, the wife of WBC and WBO bantamweight champion Nonito Donaire. During a recent interview with BoxingScene.com, Rachel explained the reasons behind her husband breaking away from promoter Top Rank, and signing with rival outfit Golden Boy Promotions. Some of those reasons include the belief that Nonito was playing second-fiddle to Pacquiao, and the frustration of being denied spots on Pacquiao's undercards.

[Click Here To Read More]

Wooooow. did he just say this...

Article Link - http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&o...#ixzz1Gqxk4HNC
    This is a legal waiver. By copying and using the material from this article, you agree to give full credit to BoxingScene.com or provide a link to the original article.

Regarding The Process of Selecting Boxers For Pacquiao's Undercards

"You know, MP Promotions is a co-promoter. That aspect of it is to make money. Manny Pacquiao is a boxer. He helps guys out by putting them on the undercard. But again, there has got to be a balance there. Even with our own guys [fighters for MP Promotions.]"

"Even our own guys, you know, the ones who are under contract with MP Promotions have never been put on the under cards of Manny for that simple reason. We've put some young guys on there because the purses that we have to pay are minimal. So it's strictly business."

Comment

i ****ing hate this guy but he is right.......

Comment

Michael Konzs makes sense on this one, but then again although it's a bad moved by Nonito it must be respected, Arum is partly to be blamed.

Comment

Originally posted by GRUSTLER View Post
          Wooooow. did he just say this...
          Martinez got to fight bigger men to be in the level of Pacquiao.

Comment

Oh my goodness.

Rachel's putting Nonito in a really bad spot and it's not gonna help his career.

This was prolly the only acceptable thing Michael Kockz said all his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Tamis_Siensya View Post
              Oh my goodness.

Rachel's putting Nonito in a really bad spot and it's not gonna help his career.

This was prolly the only acceptable thing Michael Kockz said all his life.

i dont see how this move hurts donaire's career. as long as hes not gonna be shelved for any considerable amount of time, there are many great fights for him on the horizon.

his reasons for leaving are justified and well thought out. u cant hate him for that.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                i dont see how this move hurts donaire's career. as long as hes not gonna be shelved for any considerable amount of time, there are many great fights for him on the horizon.

his reasons for leaving are justified and well thought out. u cant hate him for that.
                I'm not hating, just saying the girl needs to know her place, or better yet choose her words (but hey, she can spew wtv she wants though), or prolly just STFU.

They're beginning to sound jealous that's what. There shouldn't be any IMO. Nonito can crap on Pac's legacy in the future with less issues you see. And this latest one doesn't add up.

Comment

Originally posted by komandante View Post
                  Martinez got to fight bigger men to be in the level of Pacquiao.
                  This thread is about Pacquiao's adviser, Rachel Donaire's and Nonito Donaire. Just the sign of Sergio Martinez on my sig makes you postal huh? Funny.
                  Last edited by GRUSTLER; 03-17-2011, 07:37 AM.

Comment

Rachel didn't come out well in that boxingsce.com interview and koncz is still a sucker no matter what he says.

Comment

Working...
                    X