Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can people easily forget?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There's nothing really to be said about Ricky Hatton other than the "New trainer teaching him a new style" thing which I've heard. That seems to me like the only one that seems true.

Obviously, Oscar De La Hoya was dehydrated/weight drained... nuff-said. Not his fault, but nothing to be truly amazed by.

Miguel Cotto certainly hasn't looked spectacular since the Margarito fight, but there's really little u can say about it. Funny thing is, everyone that predicted right (that actual made a legit prediction, and not just picked Pac becuz he's Filipino or whatever) all said "Pac by KO becuz Cotto is damaged goods"... Some people can see the little things quicker than others I guess...

There was absolutely no point in the Joshua Clottey fight. He comes off a loss to Cotto, whom Pacquiao just knocked out, was not a draw by any means, doesn't have an exciting style (Winky Wright was the only one that could do it and make it look good)... there was just no point.

Antonio Margarito came off a year's suspension, prior to which he got KO'd by Mosley. And this was for one of those record

Shane Mosley looked bad against Floyd. But u can't hold that against Shane becuz most opponents look bad against Floyd. BUT he also looked bad against Mora, and that almost just sealed the deal, Mosley is clearly faded. I would bet he retires after this fight, or at least after the following fight, in which he will probably face Berto, or some tomato can (assuming he wants to leave on a win).

Its not that those guys weren't good. It's that those guys weren't AS good when Pac fought them. Same could be said of Barrera and Morales... They were certainly fading when Pac got to them.

That being said, if ur worried Pac isn't getting his due credit, u need to pay more attention
    Last edited by JDezi4; 03-17-2011, 12:34 PM.

Comment

The last year goes to Martinez because of the joke that Margarito and now Mosley are. But the run of Oscar, Hatton, Cotto, and Clottey is just as impressive as Martinez's run since the Williams loss.

Comment

Nope.. the Terrible 3 Pavlik/P Will/Dizzy is greater than Mannys P4P accomplisments..

Comment

no matter what people say about how margarito looked **** in his previous 2 fights befor pac, he showed up to fight against pac. he was physically and mentally prepared for the fight...he got a good training camp. i'm not saying pac should get tons of credit for that win but for me what's more important is what transpired during the actual fight rather than what the conditions were before the fight. it's pretty normal for fighters to have ups and downs in their careers and margarito is no exception.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
            come on Chups you know there is some truth behind that
            Margs coming off a knock out loss (the first of his career) and a year suspension
            that not impressive
            It made more than the Morales PPV. It was a casual fan dream fight and so is the Mosley fight.

Comment

Originally posted by miron_lang View Post
              That was the Ranking when he entered the division. that's what i am talking about. When a fighter lost he's a bum?

Mosley and Margarito beats Berto as of this moment.

Martinez has done the better work lately?

I DISAGREE COMPLETELY.

Pac's last 5 opponents

Margarito UD12
              Clottey UD12
              Cotto TKO12
              Hatton KO2
              Dela Hoya TKO8

Sergios's Last 5 opponents

Dzinruk TKO 8
              Williams KO2
              Pavlik UD12
              William LMD12
              Cintron MD12

Can you rationalize Martinez having the better competition?
              Margarito isnt a bum, but he IS obviously ****tier after being on a year and a half suspension after getting KTFO for the first time in his career and then looking mediocre agaisnt a journeyman. not because he lost to Pacquiao.

the 'last 5 opponents' thing sounds pretty, but thats only because youre trying to make it sounds good.

fact is: in the last year Pacquiao has beaten only Margarito and Clottey. his other performances were a long time before that.
              Martinez has done more in the last year than Pacquiao. true or flase?

p4p lists only go back about a year or a little more. thats why Mayweather after a year long vacation duck is now finally getting taken off the p4p lists. youre trying to reach back as far as 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                maravilla was last year's fighter of the year
                nobody came close

/ thread
                You're new to the Forums? that's the oldest and obsolete way of debating. I can easily do that.

Pac's last 5 opponents

Margarito UD12 - Had additional 3lbs to work on and is 17lbs heavier
                Clottey UD12 - Top 5 Welterweight with victories over Zab Judah, Corrales
                Cotto TKO12 - 2 Division champion who is ranked #1 Welter the year Pac became a Welterweight
                Hatton KO2 - Undefeated at 140. Lineal Champion anybody dsiputes this is an idiot. KO the year.
                Dela Hoya TKO8 - A Circus Pac should have not came out alive and is the underdog in this fight. he climb 2 division after having only 1 fight at 135. Its basically Pac jumped from 130 to 147

Dzinruk TKO 8 - Who the **** is this 154lbs fighter? who did he beat? A middleweight fighting a Jr. Middleweight.
                Williams KO2 - Impressive. Martinez 1, Williams 1
                Pavlik UD12 - If you dont give credit to the DLH victory then victory over an alcoholic who didnt prepare properly gets you the minimum props. Pavlik must be thinking Whisky or Brandy when hitting the mitts.
                William LMD12 - A LOSS a fu_cking LOSS whats wrong with people like you?
                Cintron MD12 - Yeah yaddi yaddi yaddi what's that? yeah right its a draw. Martinez should have taken care of business to avoid this kind of ****.

Its not even close.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
                  Dude comparing a list from 3 years ago to now is delusional
                  which one of his last 5 opponents has he fought coming off an impressive win?
                  ZERO!
                  coinsidence
                  I think not!

good day
                  Dude Listen. Just listen. Dont think of anything else then slowly scroll down.

in 2008 Pac became a Welterweight. after his 1st victory at Weltwerweight the rankings where as follows

1. Margarito
                  2. Cotto
                  3. Mosley
                  4. Clottey
                  5. Pacquiao

Got it? ok just relax. You said some of them was coming off losses and werent impressive right? so my explanation to that is :

They FOUGHT each other...yeah they fought each other that for sure some of them will lose

e.g
                  Cotto lost to Margarito
                  Clottey lost Cotto

BUT.... The four of them did not lose to anybody else except FLOYD who is regarded as a great fighter. so you got the point now?

these 4 convincingly beat the rest ranked Welters.

Margarito Raped Cintron twice
                  Cotto kayoed Quintana
                  Clottey Disposed off Judah
                  Mosley outworked Collazo

see that? these 4 are the TOP Welter and each of them losing againts each other is part of the process. Manny Pacquaio cannot ask them to stop fighting and wait for him.

see it now?

Please counter this with logic and reasonable opinion.

Thank you

Comment

Rarely do fight fans forget, they simply overlook. If they like a fighter -- take Victor Ortiz for example -- they will make a loss seem like something that was a fluke. If it's a fighter they don't like -- say Floyd Mayweather for example -- they will say the fighters are shot and it was this or that.

Just the way fight fans are. With Floyd, they'll say that he ducked this guy or that guy. Fine. But, don't take away the fact that he HAS beaten Mosley, Hatton and De la Hoya before Pacquiao. However, Pacquiao has beaten two of the three more impressively has beaten some guys that Floyd hasn't faced.

So, it just depends on what you're looking for. Regardless, boxing fans will always look for what they want to see. Rarely do they see what's actually IS there.

Comment

Originally posted by miron_lang View Post
                      That was the Ranking when he entered the division. that's what i am talking about. When a fighter lost he's a bum?

Mosley and Margarito beats Berto as of this moment.

Martinez has done the better work lately?

I DISAGREE COMPLETELY.

Pac's last 5 opponents

Margarito UD12
                      Clottey UD12
                      Cotto TKO12
                      Hatton KO2
                      Dela Hoya TKO8

Dzinruk TKO 8
                      Williams KO2
                      Pavlik UD12
                      William LMD12
                      Cintron MD12

Can you rationalize Martinez having the better competition?
                      I agree.

Manny last five wins are better than Sergio.

Martinez is 3-1-1, while Manny has completely dominated his opposition.

Clottey is better than Cintron.

Hatton win = Pavlik Win

Cotto win >>>Williams win

Dzin win > Margarito win

However the Martinez should have dominated and KO'd Cintron bit didn't and he also lost to Williams.

People are just hating but I'm glad The Ring and others aren't blinded but his 3 hot wins.

Comment

Working...
                      X