Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Klitschko vs Solis: Two Schools of Thought on Odlanier

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, lots of Klitschko hating from this writer. Giving Vitali almost no credit for coming back after 3 years off and being so dominant means that the writer here has zero credibility. Lennox Lewis disagrees with you, and so do I.

And if Gomez was a "blown-up cruiserweight," so is David Haye. So was Evander Holyfield. That's a remark typical of someone trying to rob the Klitschkos of any credit for their wins.

You can also look at it this way: Vitali has beaten two HW world champions, one cruiserweight world champion, and two highly highly regarded and previously undefeated heavyweights since he returned. I heard lots of people picking both Arreola and Johnson to beat him, but after they lost badly they were immediately called "bums" by the same people and dismissed.

Sosnowski wasn't as highly rated, yet he did better than the others against Vitali and showed up in tremendous shape.

The writer here has his narrative for the fight written already: if Solis wins, it means he's great, but if Vitali wins, it just means Solis is a bum. What a crock of ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
      I have watched him fight and I have to be honest and say that I must be missing something. Because I don't think that he is that good regardless of what kind of weight he carries into the ring.
      I agree with you. But what bugs me is people sitting on the fence like the writer of this article. He wants to back Solis, but is using Solis's weight as a hedge, so if/when Vitali smashes him, he can just call Solis a fat bum.

But if Solis did happen to win, it's because he's a great fighter with a solid amateur background, etc.

Which is it?

The article was a thinly veiled attempt to have it both ways and give Vitali no credit no matter what he does.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy1569 View Post
        The only way Solis can win is by Klitschko default injury or knocking him out. There is no way any fighter can win 6 rds or more against Vitali in a boxing match. If Solis can get inside then it won't be a onesided slugfest on the part of Vitali & will be a toe to toe battle until someone gets knocked out.
        I must agree. When it comes down to it, I just can't see Solis winning a decision. Even with Odlanier coming into the fight in peak condition, I find it difficult to envision him winning on points. So, if Solis can't be expected to win a decision, can he be expected to KO an iron-chinned Vitali? I don't think so. The best I can hope for is a respectable performance from Odlanier. Miracles do happen, but they're a sucker's bet.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopperRead View Post
          Wow, lots of Klitschko hating from this writer. Giving Vitali almost no credit for coming back after 3 years off and being so dominant means that the writer here has zero credibility. Lennox Lewis disagrees with you, and so do I.

And if Gomez was a "blown-up cruiserweight," so is David Haye. So was Evander Holyfield. That's a remark typical of someone trying to rob the Klitschkos of any credit for their wins.

You can also look at it this way: Vitali has beaten two HW world champions, one cruiserweight world champion, and two highly highly regarded and previously undefeated heavyweights since he returned. I heard lots of people picking both Arreola and Johnson to beat him, but after they lost badly they were immediately called "bums" by the same people and dismissed.

Sosnowski wasn't as highly rated, yet he did better than the others against Vitali and showed up in tremendous shape.

The writer here has his narrative for the fight written already: if Solis wins, it means he's great, but if Vitali wins, it just means Solis is a bum. What a crock of ****.
          did you just say Kevin Kingpin Johnson, that one handed nobody who had never beaten anyone was ''highly highly'' regarded ? you're a complete joke

hurrah revisionism and lies

Comment

Working...
          X