No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lucian Bute on Fighting Mikkel Kessler, Training, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lucian Bute on Fighting Mikkel Kessler, Training, More

Unbeaten, Romanian-born southpaw IBF super middleweight titlist Lucien Bute of Canada will look to make a fight with former WBC and WBA king, Mikkel Kessler, of Denmark, if he defeats southpaw Brian Magee of Northern Ireland in Saturday night's Showtime televised clash from the Bell Centre in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, he said during Tuesday's national conference call.

[Click Here To Read More]

As a Kessler fan I really don't hope this fight happens.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary View Post
      As a Kessler fan I really don't hope this fight happens.
      Well, here is another kessler fan. He has to take the chance.
      Kessler wants all four of the big belts.
      And as he gets older, its now or newer.

Comment

It's a good fight, and considering Kessler is WBC's champion in Emertis facing Bute for the IBF belt in June-Sept would be ideal, if the fight happens and can be held in Europe I'd give Kessler the advantage if it happens in America/Canada I'd give the advantage to Bute; who ever wins has a good barging chip to get the Super Six winner.

Comment

Kessler-Bute is about as likely to happen next as Mayweather-Pacquiao

Comment

A small error in the article: Kessler was NOT stripped of the WBC title. He vacated.

I hope Bute fights Kessler in Denmark. I'm sick of these hometown fighters.

Trouble is, however, that Kessler today on national television said that he is not ok yet and that he is not about to resume his career unless he is 110% ready. Several nerves in both of his eyes are still damaged.

Comment

Working...
            X