No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lucian Bute Ready To Prove He’s Super, Too

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lucian Bute Ready To Prove He’s Super, Too

By Jake Donovan - The final piece of the super middleweight puzzle has arrived.

Actually, it has returned.

From the moment the field was announced for Showtime’s Super Six World Boxing Classic, the lone piece of negative feedback surrounding the tournament centered around the exclusion of Lucian Bute.

The omission was puzzling, both because conflicting reasons were offered and the fact that Bute was already being showcased on the network. His two most recent fights had aired live on Showtime – his points win over Librado Andrade in which its controversial ending overshadowed an otherwise dominant performance; and a fourth-round knockout of Fulgencio Zuniga five months later.

Both fights were entertaining enough to where fight fans wanted more, namely against the crème de la crème of the super middleweight division. What better setting than as one of the six contestants in the groundbreaking tournament presented by a network most figured was already his home.

Apparently, it wasn’t meant to be, as he was – depending on which version of the truth you believe – either left out or declined to participate.

Fortunately for the Romanian-born, Canada-based southpaw, the tournament has extended well beyond its targeted finish to where not much time has been lost in his own career. [Click Here To Read More]

hell yeah...at smw, there's bute and there's everbody else......abraham = the least super.......

Comment

so fight someone then
      Bute ok, but nothing special
      if Pavlik fights him he can win
      Abraham looking vulnerable lately
      after super 6 ends, Bute could fight and beat AA

Comment

Ward and Froch beat Bute !

Comment

Bute v.s kessler nice bute v.s froch great bute v.s pavlik fireworks

Comment

bute is the calzgahe with power.......cant nobody touch this guy..not ward's dirtyass, not AA's no skills's ass, not dirrel's quittin ass, not green's clown ass, ....i dont mind johnson or froch beating him tho but i just highly doubt it......

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
              By Jake Donovan - The final piece of the super middleweight puzzle has arrived.

Actually, it has returned.

From the moment the field was announced for Showtime’s Super Six World Boxing Classic, the lone piece of negative feedback surrounding the tournament centered around the exclusion of Lucian Bute.

The omission was puzzling, both because conflicting reasons were offered and the fact that Bute was already being showcased on the network. His two most recent fights had aired live on Showtime – his points win over Librado Andrade in which its controversial ending overshadowed an otherwise dominant performance; and a fourth-round knockout of Fulgencio Zuniga five months later.

Both fights were entertaining enough to where fight fans wanted more, namely against the crème de la crème of the super middleweight division. What better setting than as one of the six contestants in the groundbreaking tournament presented by a network most figured was already his home.

Apparently, it wasn’t meant to be, as he was – depending on which version of the truth you believe – either left out or declined to participate.

Fortunately for the Romanian-born, Canada-based southpaw, the tournament has extended well beyond its targeted finish to where not much time has been lost in his own career. [Click Here To Read More]
              Hmmm..... before the Super-6, Bute was - at worst - ranked #2 behind Kessler..... now he has two completely different guys ahead of him.

So, I disagree that he has remained relevant.

He is sliding through lack of top competition, as was to be expected when his exclusion was first announced.

Lucian, you better be watching out for my boy Ward

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
                bute is the calzgahe with power.......cant nobody touch this guy..not ward's dirtyass, not AA's no skills's ass, not dirrel's quittin ass, not green's clown ass, ....i dont mind johnson or froch beating him tho but i just highly doubt it......
                When it happens, come get my points ^^

You got me ALL in, just say the word

Comment

Originally posted by puga View Post
                  Ward, I mean.

Comment

Originally posted by LeadUppercut View Post
                    Ward, I mean.
                    ****...might aswell give me your points now coz ward's dirty ass aint gona outhustle bute for ****....he's way too smart, way too skilled for all those tricks ward has been pullin....****, i though bika beat ward tbh...

Comment

Working...
                    X