How Manny Pacquiao's Body Has Tricked Analysts and Opponents

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Manny Pacquiao's Body Has Tricked Analysts and Opponents

http://www.badlefthook.com/2011/3/15...d-analysts-and

does knuckle size equal the same thing? more stamina?

Comment

iv'e said in the past he's not as small as people think. The question is this: is it natural or are those 8 inch wrists the product of HGH use???

and before anyone asks.....HGH increases bone mineralisation.

Comment

never know quite what to read into scientist taking things apart and the conclusions they come up with, but some of the facts he presents made me sit back and pay attention. (in before HGH jokes about wrist and head size lol)

"Where things get interesting is in the extreme cases, and among these fighters there is no bigger extreme than Pacquiao. The man has 8in wrists, which is higher than the wrist average for heavyweights. When you consider he is only 66.5in tall (just over the superfeatherweight avg height) it feels even more impressive. While I was not thinking of this at the start of this little project, something caught my eye as I looked at the data. One of the things that has characterized Pacquiao during the past two or three years is his ability to punch extremely hard for someone his size against seemingly bigger foes. Well, two fighters among those I checked who also were recognized for their power and who also have 8in wrists with much smaller height than their wrist size would suggest are Joe Louis, 74in height, 8in wrists (should be 7.45in) and Mike Tyson, 71.5in height, 8in wrists (should be 7.23in). I'm assuming it is not necessary to highlight that both Louis and Tyson fought at the heavyweight class.

Mayweather is right on target (5ft 8in, 7in wrist), (so Floyd fans doesnf feel left out)
        Wlad Klitschko has a wrist a bit smaller than what his height would suggest (should be 7.8in instead of 7.5in),

Referring specifically to the case of Pacquiao, Nazeem Richardson said it best: "The best trick Pacquiao has pulled is making you believe he is smaller than you are" (I'm paraphrasing). Sure the man is short compared to most if not all top fighters in the 147lb division, but if you were to look at x-rays of every fighter in the division, I'd put money down that he has the biggest skeleton in the division (in overall bone volume) with the exception of Margarito if he were to go back to 147lbs.

interesting reading...cheers for posting OP

Comment

Havent people realized yet that all this bullshit steroid talk is simply too cover up the fact that floyd doesnt want too fight manny,people genuinely havent realized this yet? like seriously?

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post
            iv'e said in the past he's not as small as people think. The question is this: is it natural or are those 8 inch wrists the product of HGH use???

maybe if we had data of his wrist size when he was in his 20's we can make a better judgement...only then we can see if there was an above then normal bone growth. until then there is only speculation with no real facts.

Comment

Originally posted by koolttt View Post
              maybe if we had data of his wrist size when he was in his 20's we can make a better judgement...only then we can see if there was an above then normal bone growth. until then there is only speculation with no real facts.

i agree...iv'e said before i'd be particularly interested to know if his shoe size has increased or his hands have gotten bigger.

Little known fact that: Mayweather's calve measurements are only half an inch smaller than MP's.

I first noticed Pac's measurements in the Cotto fight...the only place Cotto was bigger was in the waist (and height ofcourse)

Comment

is pacquiao the only boxer/fighter to take hgh? you'd think considering how rampant the stuff is as conte says everyones head would be getting bigger

Comment

Originally posted by check hook View Post

Yes, you're right, the GH added and an extra inch to his wrists (but everything else stayed normal). That's also why Stallone now has 20 inch wrists.

Comment

That was a very interesting read. It's funny because I had a friend of mine one time ask me at the gym why Mexican fighters can take such a good punch..

I answered jokingly that it's because we have big heads, but I might have been completely right.

Asians have the same or very similar genetic composition to Mexicans, since Mexicans are basically descended from Asians who crossed over the Bearing Straits millions of years ago.

You can see a lot of Filipinos look a lot like Mexicans and are built very much the same, so I can see the point this man is making.

African Americans seem to be very fast and athletic, there was a show a few years back about "fast twitch muscle fiber" and made it clear that African Americans contain more than the average man.

Maybe there's something to Asians and Mexicans that allow them to take bigger shots, like the thickness of their bones, size of their heads, thickness of the neck etc.....

Comment

Working...
                    X