Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martinez is always calling lighter fighters out.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Martinez is always calling lighter fighters out.

Martinez is always calling lighter fighters out, why doesn't be move up if he's looking for bigger fights?"

Martinez is champion of a division that sucks
    he just moved up to that division, not moving up again
    guys smaller than him are the money fights
    understand why he does it, but those guys aren't fighting him

Comment

Not gonna call out any names, but when Paul Williams became an option for Pacquiao and Martinez knocked him out, a few guys on here celebrated, now a new threat arises and it's like people want to see Martinez get knocked off.

I've been a fan of Floyd for a long time now, and as long as he challenges himself I couldn't care less if he lost. Some people seem too fearful of Martinez....

The guy can make 154, he's the same size as Margarito. Really nothing to complain about.
      Last edited by Doctor_Tenma; 03-14-2011, 03:39 AM.

Comment

Because he wants the big paydays. Duh. Mayweather and Pacquiao are the biggest paydays.

Much like Hagler wanting to fight Duran, Leonard, and Hearns rather than Spinks or Qawi at 175.

Comment

Mayweather and Pac are lighter guys. But there's more money. And he'll get more credit should he win. So you should be asking, why would he not call them out?

Comment

They can meet eachother halfway

Comment

Its not like a fight with either Mayweather or Pacquiao is impossible, i think weight wise Mayweather would be more likely. But if Matinez wants to be considered p4p number 1..then why wouldnt he be mentioning Pac/May as viable opponents? Or do you think think if he fights Cotto or Margarito that will increase his stock?

Comment

That is where the money is at but he needs to give up on that fantasy because it will never happen. Sergio needs to embrace being a middleweight and try and get the big money fights there(Sturm and Chavez)

Comment

Originally posted by yuppie View Post
                  Its not like a fight with either Mayweather or Pacquiao is impossible, i think weight wise Mayweather would be more likely. But if Matinez wants to be considered p4p number 1..then why he be mentioning Pac/May as viable opponents? Or do you think think if he fights Cotto or Margarito that will increase his stock?

Beating up washed up guys like Cotto or Margarito do nothing for him and are a waste of time

Comment

and fight who? bute?

most of the guys tangled up in the super six are bound to move up to 175

Comment

Working...
                    X