Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martinez is always calling lighter fighters out.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are plenty of fights out there between 154-160 that can prove Sergio as the best in the sport without him calling out Pacquiao or Mayweather. I know they are the money, and I would be ecstatic if either Pacquiao or Mayweather did agree to fight Martinez, but he shouldn't be calling them out.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
      Beating someone 2 weight classes lower than you doesn't make you P4P the best fighter in the world. If he wants to move up on the P4P list he should fight Pirog, rematch Pwill and then fight the winner of the Super 6 (Froch or Ward).
      I know you're a ******* but damn learn something about the sport. This qualifies as one of the dumbest quotes on boxingscene.............really d. pirog? How does that help sergio?

Don't be mad because your boy has no prayer in that matchup. Manny's promoter just said manny will probably fight marquez next......so manny fought at 150 for a 154 title while marquez fought at 135, but you have a problem with a former(recent) 154 pound champ who fights at 160 coming back into the jr. middle division.........shocking.

Go away already this manny floyd s..t is lame!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I think this is just people finding anything to gripe about. They tend to forget Martinez started at 147. They also forgot how Martinez won his middleweight strap.

Comment

Originally posted by Buffalo View Post
          I know you're a ******* but damn learn something about the sport. This qualifies as one of the dumbest quotes on boxingscene.............really d. pirog? How does that help sergio?

Don't be mad because your boy has no prayer in that matchup. Manny's promoter just said manny will probably fight marquez next......so manny fought at 150 for a 154 title while marquez fought at 135, but you have a problem with a former(recent) 154 pound champ who fights at 160 coming back into the jr. middle division.........shocking.

Go away already this manny floyd s..t is lame!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          Pirog would more than challenge him, but it's not like Pirog has established himself either, I'd love to see it though.

Comment

and pac is always calling out bigger fighters.... something has to give

Comment

Originally posted by PED User View Post
              Because he wants the big paydays. Duh. Mayweather and Pacquiao are the biggest paydays.

Much like Hagler wanting to fight Duran, Leonard, and Hearns rather than Spinks or Qawi at 175.
              Gospel right there!

Comment

is that joke thread or what?

Comment

berto kills bums end of story and collazo whooped him and got robbed guess hes the best then right ?

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Napier View Post
                    Martinez is champion of a division that sucks
                    he just moved up to that division, not moving up again
                    guys smaller than him are the money fights
                    understand why he does it, but those guys aren't fighting him
                    Martinez started at 147 like margo who fought pac and walked in at 165 lbs or more but he wasnt too big for that 154 paper belt ?

Comment

Originally posted by abdul-jakul View Post
                      Martinez is always calling lighter fighters out, why doesn't be move up if he's looking for bigger fights?"
                      Both Mayweather and Martinez can fight at 154 and it would be a fair fight. Pacquiao fought a guy that is a similar size to Martinez at 150. He only wants to fight guys when he has all the advantages.

Martinez should not move up because he would be too small if he moves up.

Pacquiao, Cotto, and Mayweather are his biggest paydays. Even Canelo down the road would be a big payday for him.

Comment

Working...
                      X